Job ID 210007EB
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Administer and communicate the company's benefits program in regard to plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements. Survey market data in order to determine company's competitive position in employee benefits. Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for administering and communicating benefit programs at the corporate level.
- Monitor, analyze and recommend compliance actions for new and evolving benefit legislation.
- Evaluate existing benefit programs and proposing changes, as well as developing new programs.
- Create communication materials, such as presentations and information packages, to keep employees and management updated on plan changes and amendments.
- Assist with guiding other team members, counsels employees on benefits related issues, and handles escalated employee concerns.
- Preparation and yearly maintenance of client communications such as Open Enrollment materials and Employee Benefits Guides; Attend Open Enrollment meetings.
- May assist in planning, developing, and redesigning company benefits programs and analyzing benefit costs.
- May be involved with communication and implementation of wellness and health education initiatives.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive working relationships.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with general tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years' related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, or a plus.
- Excellent analytical, systems and mathematical skills with the ability to solve complex problems and drive process enhancements.
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Effective time management and decision making skills.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Diligent follow up skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website