Job ID 210009BJ
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Covenant High Plains Surgery Center
2301 Quaker Avenue
3601 22nd Street
Lubbock, Texas 79410
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Billing Representative provides administrative support in the billing and collections function. The incumbent in this role performs activities which include, but are not limited to: obtaining and verifying insurance coverage and eligibility, creating billing reports, resolving credit issues, and coordinating with vendors on the collection of payments. The Billing Representative provides outstanding customer service to patients and vendors through timely and effective preparation and process of high-volume billing, account reconciliation, payables and specialty reports.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain various confidential patient, employee and company information in compliance with company policies and procedures, HIPAA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and process billing and collections information; ensuring reconciliation and verification of all necessary information.
- Analyze and reconcile applicable data within the assigned function(s).
- Provide professional and efficient customer service through the investigation and resolution of outstanding issues.
- May generate reports on a routine basis; ensuring data reconciliation between associated systems.
- May perform patient insurance and demographic verification as necessary.
- May perform validation and quality control of applicable systems as necessary.
- May maintain applicable accounting and/or patient files in compliance with company policies and procedures, HIPAA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a largely sedentary role; frequent sitting, writing, typing, grasping and speaking. There will be occasional standing, walking, reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and carrying.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy, fax and scanner machine and the phone.
High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years' related experience.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with great time-management and multitasking skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and alternately work cohesively within a team environment.
- Creative problem-solver with an attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive relationships with customers and vendors through exemplary customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website