Job ID 20000B1O
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Our Director of Sales opportunity will manage a team covering the Northeast region for NxStage/Fresenius. Ideal candidates will be located near a major airport and based in one of the following cities: Boston, Philadelphia, New York, Washington D.C and the Baltimore area.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Utilized advanced sales experience to direct, oversee, and control regional sales activities in order to meet or exceed regional sales goals and objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and oversees regional sales activities in order to meet or exceed regional sales goals and objectives.
- Leads operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within assigned territory.
- Directs and controls the broad activities of Sales Managers in assigned territory through the interpretation, application, and implementation of company-wide policies and processes.
- Evaluates markets and customers to identify and develop opportunities that will increase sales for all products.
- Develops, updates, and implements a Regional Business Plan to maximize sales goals and objectives.
- Develops and cultivates high level customer relationships to ensure and promote the company's position in these dialysis providers.
- Understands, monitors, and communicates to senior management the overall business climate within the region, including customer and industry trends. Proactively develops new approaches to meet the changing demands of the market place.
- Keeps senior management informed regarding variances to sales budget and recommends corrective action.
- Contributes to the development of sales and marketing strategies to achieve sales targets.
- Prioritizes and manages assigned territory sales activities in an organized, conscientious, and efficient manner in order to meet quarterly/annual sales targets and objectives.
- Conducts all business dealings in a professional, responsive manner and according the FMCNA and governmental policies and regulations. Abides by the FMCNA Code of Business Conduct.
- Attends national shows and conventions related to the field as assigned.
- Interprets and provides recommendations for change of company-wide policies and practices. Establishes policies appropriate for the function.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Develops strategies for direct departments, and contributes to the development of divisional/business unit strategies.
- Regularly interacts with executives, senior management, and/or major customers. Interactions frequently require special skills such as negotiating or influencing customers and/or senior level leaders in matters of significance to the organization.
- Ensures that Sales personnel maintain timely and accurate management of customer contracts.
- Ensures that Sales personnel maintain effective use of the APTTUS Contract Management Software Program.
- Utilizes Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool on a daily basis to monitor and direct sales force towards achieving Corporate Sales Objectives.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures all employees within assigned team understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Conducts training of new sales personnel and provides ongoing sales training for region. Provides technical guidance.
- Collaborates with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area. Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel is expected of this position, 50%.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Sales staff.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 10+ years of related experience in medical or pharmaceutical sales required; includes 5+ years of experience in sales management. and 5 + years in the dialysis industry
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong project management skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website