Job ID 210004NC
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides employee relations support, guidance and advice to field management and employees in assigned regions within a FMS Division. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, and local, state and federal employment regulations and requirements. Utilizes knowledge and expertise in the employee relations and human resources field to investigate, address, and resolve human resource issues and problems including but not limited to personnel management, policy and procedure interpretation and implementation, benefits, and change management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates commitment, adherence and alignment to Company's Mission, Core Values and initiatives
- Ensures timely and thorough case management
- Develops/facilitates leadership and field staff training, as necessary
- Collaborates with organizational partners as appropriate, including but not limited to, Corporate Counsel, HR Business Partners, Compliance, Quality/Clinical Services, Education, etc.
- Effectively administers personnel and employee relations programs in accordance with company policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and American Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA) to ensure the uniform and equitable treatment of employees.
- Manages and executes Employee Relations matters, including investigating issues, providing coaching to employees and managers.
- Works collaboratively with and provides day-to-day coaching and advice to field managers, Regional leaders and all other assigned employees in a large variety of employee relations issues, performance management and issues, and policy interpretation.
- Diagnoses and identifies pro-active steps to avoid recurring issues.
- Provides field managers and supervisors with interpretation and guidance regarding HR policies, legal and compliance matters to ensure fair and consistent application. Counsels and advises on the administration of specific employment laws including federal and state labor laws.
- Investigates employee action line calls in a timely manner with assistance from appropriate internal experts. Provides recommendations while documenting actions taken. Escalates sensitive or critical issues.
- Conducts climate assessments at clinical level, communicates findings to Regional and Division level executives and provides appropriate recommendations for improvements and or remedies.
- Consults with the Legal Department as necessary regarding interpretation of policies as affected by state and federal laws.
- Provides investigatory support to the legal department when responding to State or Federal agency employment claims which may be filed against the organization.
- Provides administrative support to the legal department, collecting data and source documents when responding to legal claims, lawsuits and subpoenas.
- Reviews all field requests related to employee separations related to Reductions in Force and or Divestitures partnering with the legal department to minimize potential risk to the organization.
- Reviews and assists managers in drafting corrective action, performance improvement, and termination documentation as requested.
- Assists with the on-boarding of new employees through acquisitions, in Affirmative Action planning and reporting, and in the administration of Division level employee recognition programs where applicable.
- If applicable, provides HR support for unionized facilities through guidance and interpretation of the union contract.
- May assist in union avoidance activities (including training and union-free communications).
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires travel as deemed appropriate for investigations, training/business needs.
Bachelor's Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years' related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, or a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to appropriately advise on employment law including, FMLA, ADAAA, and other federal and state labor laws within an organization that has an international/multi-state footprint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Must have well-developed organizational design, assessment, diagnostic, change management, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Strong computer application skills in word processing, spreadsheets and data base report writing.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively addressing sensitive and/or stressful situations and information with tact, discretion and strict adherence to confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Must possess excellent organizational, teamwork, process and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to multi-task in a changing, highly matrixed environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate interest in learning and growth.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website