Job ID 20000J1H
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Utilizes knowledge of the clinics, the admissions process and the various supporting programs to promote these to the patient as well as to external customers, including hospital discharge planners, referring physicians and other personnel making decisions regarding patient placement within an assigned market geography. Works with the Central Admissions Office staff to facilitate admissions, ensuring each patient receives a superior admission experience and is placed in the appropriate clinic, preferably with a desirable treatment shift schedule. Additional responsibilities within FMCNA-affiliated Acute Programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grows clinic patient census/treatment volume and to improve commercial mix by providing superior customer service and admission support to referral sources and patients.
- Builds, establishes and maintains referral source relationships. Develops and maintains strong relationships with new and existing partners to build the referral base.
- Conducts one on one contacts with patients identified for admission to facilities in order to market our services and facilitate the admission.
Facilitates and coordinates the admission process for all patients being referred for Dialysis Services and provides outreach to hospitals and physician offices in the defined market to facilitate a timely admission.
- Collaborates with appropriate physicians and hospital staff to obtain information necessary for outpatient placement.
- Escalates admissions issues and problems according to the established procedures to ensure timely resolution.
- Works with the applicable clinical manager(s) to accommodate shift requests as appropriate.
- Exhibits knowledge of all insurers and private pay business. Assures that patients and families understand payer benefits.
- Develops and maintains an extensive knowledge of the dialysis business and the support services provided by the clinics and within the community.
- Maintains knowledge of the local market as well as industry trends in order to monitor and quickly react to changes which may impact the company and the patient services provided. Provides regular communication to management regarding program status, customer service issues, and obstacles affecting the referral and admissions process.
- Conducts market analysis and develops, implements, and evaluates effective weekly, monthly and quarterly marketing plans. Meets regularly with management to review and revise these plans.
- Consistently meets sales & marketing call objectives as established by management. Maintains accurate and timely account data and completes call reports as required.
- Conducts professional sales presentations to all customers.
- Participates in community outreach programs as determined by marketing plan.
- Determines referral source satisfaction with admissions process and dialysis services. Collaborates with internal customers to effect positive customer service changes where required.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to provide new patients and referral source partners with renal education as requested by the referral source or patient.
Conducts the following l responsibilities and services in FMCNA-affiliated Acute Programs:
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the admissions processes for the local dialysis market to include all area dialysis providers.
- Facilitates the placement of all in-patient dialysis (FMCNA -affiliated AND non-affiliated) patients into the out-patient setting, coordinating with the patient and discharge planners to identify appropriate placement for outpatient dialysis services according to the patient preferences, physician orders, and capacity of outpatient dialysis facilities within the market.
- Collaborates with outpatient dialysis staff and hospital staff/partners to resolve issues relating to the placement of patients into the outpatient setting. Assesses related customer service issues reported by the referral source.
- Focuses on decreasing the hospital length of stay by intervening early in the discharge process to impact timely discharge, discharge to vs. after dialysis, and readmissions.
- Facilitates and coordinates the provision of renal services for pre-ESRD and ESRD patients by collaborating with the appropriate clinicians to provide services such as: renal education; treatment option education; vascular access education; insurance and financial education, etc.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years' related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate to all levels of personnel.
- Detail oriented with excellent customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills. Professional appearance required.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Completion of and compliance with the Marketing and Business Development Functional Compliance Program.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website