Job ID 2000056A
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness and hygiene of the facility and overall physical plant. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Provides a clean, hygienic, and pleasant working environment for the facility.
- Ensures that all areas are properly cleaned and disinfected, especially locations where patients and visitors will be present. May be called upon to clean areas immediately following spills.
- Responsible for cleaning and ensuring that all facility equipment is free from debris, dust, stains, etc. This may also include facility televisions, computers, HVAC units & vents, and furniture.
- Ensures that all waste containers and trash receptacles (regular and biohazard waste), and recyclables are disposed of properly, per facility policies and procedures.
- Provides fresh, clean linens where applicable.
- Inspects all linens for cleanliness.
- Inspects linen inventory for accuracy and takes action to report changes and discrepancies.
- Cleans all bathrooms, kitchen areas, waiting areas, break rooms, conference rooms, offices, treatment areas, storage/water treatment rooms, as well as certain exterior premises of the building such as front and back porch, parking area, among others. Cleans sinks, countertops, toilets, floors, mirrors, doors, walls, etc.
- Sweeps, washes, waxes, vacuums, cleans all floors when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures related to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Hazard Material Identification System (HMIS) for all chemicals and solutions used at the facility.
- Maintains the cleaning supply area by keeping it organized and properly labeled.
- Obtains supplies from supply room and ensures that they are kept in order and in adequate quantities.
- Reports cleaning supply needs in a timely and orderly fashion to supervisor for ordering.
- Furnishes pertinent areas with hygienic material (soap, sanitizer, paper towels, sanitary rolls, paper cups, etc.)
- Reports leaking faucets, clogged drains, or any other maintenance type problems to appropriate party.
- May be asked to clean dialysis prep areas using proper cleaning solution(s) and techniques. Responsible for the documentation, handling, labeling and dilution of disinfectants used at facility.
- May be asked to clean dialysis stations, post dialysis treatment
- May be asked to wash the inside of the facility's windows
- May be required to perform inventory and supply functions, including receiving, handling, stocking, and counting materials and supplies. May be required to perform physical transfer of supplies to and from other locations.
- May be required to perform certain physical plant repair and maintenance such as painting, changing lamp bulbs, ceiling tiles, locks, shelving, tending to clogged drains, etc.
- May be called to assist technical or nursing staff with basic functions such as moving equipment, lifting and carrying heavy objects (such as jugs, boxes, etc.)
- May perform minor snow removal as needed as per weather condition; salting sidewalks and entry ways to facility as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION High School Diploma preferred EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
Prior experience in cleaning/housekeeping preferred but not required
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website