Job ID 20000JLV
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Third Shift (9PM- 5:30AM in the Warehouse, position can require 12 hour shifts)
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for Distribution Center (DC) inventory maintenance and reconciliation on a daily basis. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of associated internal controls and identifies opportunities for process improvement. Provide assistance in the administration, purchasing, tracking and monitoring of assets, along with the assessment of inventory data.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Utilizes a computerized inventory management system, implements and maintains inventory control system procedures:
- Provides accurate and timely data on inventory levels
- Ensures efficient and effective inventory management,
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory standards and processes
- Tracks product in stock accurately.
- Develops program to maintain tight security over the inventory ensuring that only authorized personnel have access to inventory records
- Facilitates inventory shortage detection
- Conducts searches to locate products within the system
- Ensures discrepancies are identified, corrected and prevented
- Maintains and updates inventory purchasing, shipping, and other applicable records in the database. Reconciles inventories to book records and makes the appropriate adjustments to the records when there are discrepancies between the actual product and records. Coordinates the cycle count inventory procedures.
- Identifies and recommends process and program improvements as well as cost saving opportunities as appropriate. Reports to manager areas of concern regarding issues with inventory control.
- Supervises the inventory quality and accuracy assurance programs, including weekly and monthly reports
- Develops appropriate reports and documentation to facilitate accurate inventory counts including records of all audits, counts, and adjustments. Analyzes inventory records and data reports to effectively manage inventory. Prepares reports such as inventory balances, price lists, shortage lists, lists of defective or damaged product, etc. for analysis and recommendations
- Completes and issues all necessary records and reports, including filing invoices and maintaining customer records in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensures appropriate actions are taken to develop positive business relationships and to meet expectations of customers
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, with assistance, as required.
- High School Diploma required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of management procedures and general warehousing terminology and practices.
- Basic knowledge of Windows based computer systems and related software applications required.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Strong detail orientation, follow up and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to help identify new procedures to improve efficiencies.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website