Job ID 20000LET
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Shift: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Friday and Saturday from 5:00pm to 1:00am
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for assisting Medical Lab Scientist and Technicians in processing and testing of clinical and environmental samples.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under close supervision, acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
Assist Technologists and/or Technicians in preparing and testing samples and records for laboratory testing (retrieve repeats and QNS samples).
Locate, sort and prepare samples for testing.
Monitor department inventory: lab supplies and reagents.
Verify samples (quality of samples received)
Prepare reagents under the guidance of the technologist.
Prepare instrumentation for operation under direct supervision.
May perform routine laboratory protocols; pipetting, measuring and pouring of samples.
Responsible for daily equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
Comply with all laboratory safety protocols, including, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment (PPE), proper laboratory techniques, disposal of bio-hazard, etc.
Routinely monitor reagents, chemicals, equipment parts and other necessary supplies for testing.
May refer to senior staff for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs., and be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time in a laboratory environment.
- Must be able to work with clinical and environmental samples, including, but not limited to blood, urine, etc.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and/or reagents specific to laboratory testing.
- Must be able to work in a medium to high noise level.
High School Diploma required; Associates degree in biological or laboratory sciences preferred. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 1 year's laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of medical lab testing and operation of instrumentation preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to follow precise directions in situation requiring speed, accuracy and efficiency.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website