Job ID 21000DF9
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Conduct routine laboratory tests, in support of manufacturing operations. Analyzes and records test data to monitor and maintain conformity to specifications. Performs duties in alignment with Test Methods (TM), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to
Set up lab equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research, or process control.
- Responsible to perform daily analytical tests according to applicable test methods/procedures.
- Responsible for the precision, accuracy and quality of work product.
- Document results of test and analyses.
- Maintain laboratory equipment through daily cleaning and consistent with PMs.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work environment
- Maintain general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Follow all Fresenius Policies.
- Regular attendance and maintaining a good attendance record is an essential function of the job.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell and Personal Protective Equipment required may include: safety glasses. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years' related experience.
- Ability to interpret technical data for analytical instrumentation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to work with concepts such as linear regression and statistical deduction.
- Ability to interpret a variety or technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Must be able to meet Fresenius' minimum vision requirements for product inspection.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website