Job ID 200009PB
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for driving a van/truck to deliver products to customers. Ensures accuracy of all paperwork related to the job. Responsible for safety of crewmembers, fellow employees, and the public while operating company vehicles and/or supervising/performing any company activity. Responsibilities include driving a commercial delivery vehicle, rotating stock, and inventory checks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs deliveries and pickups from home patients and clinics according to established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures a high-level of customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity in a courteous and professional manner.
- May take note of and possibly resolve customer complaints.
- Reports more complex issues and complaints to Distribution Center staff or Customer Service for resolution.
- Observes and reports any pertinent anomalies at customer sites.
- May set up product and/or place product at customer sites.
- Performs all duties and functions with the goal to achieve OSHA-related targets for recordable incidents and lost time incidents.
- Performs in-depth rotation and inventory checks of existing product ensuring that an adequate inventory is available for customers.
- Obtains customer signature for pickup and delivery of dialysis product.
- Adhere to all federal and state specific DOT regulations including, but not limited to GVW (Gross Vehicle weight) and hours of service.
- Identifies and recommends options for route improvements to management as appropriate.
Vehicle related responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing pre and post trip inspections of assigned vehicle
- Identify problems and address appropriately
- May perform routine maintenance on truck
- Unloading and loading freight as required according to specified procedures and regulations
- Maintaining cleanliness of truck
- Participates in monthly/quarterly/annual training for Good Manufacturing Practices, Health & Safety, and Compliance.
- Remains updated with all annually revised regulatory standards.
- Maintains a satisfactory driving record.
- Operates material-handling equipment safely and efficiently according to established procedures as required.
- May be required to be OTR for more than two days at a time.
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Acts as a team lead and provides assistance to staff with support tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Organizes paperwork for other drivers.
- Inspects cross dock for proper conditions.
- Communicates daily, all pertinent information to DC manager and or supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Heavy work with frequent lifting and carrying of objects 25 -75 pounds on a repetitive basis required. Some deliveries may require carrying product up multiple flights of stairs.
- Requires extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking. Operation of van/truck may average 6 to 11 hours per day.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- 2 years free of preventable OSHA recordable incidents, DOT accidents, quality issues, roadside inspection violations and, DOT major logbook violations.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess a Class A or Class B commercial license with a HazMat endorsement Routing software/fleet management.
- Experience with on-board computers, paperless DOT logs, and/or electronic capture applications preferred.
- Experience with Routing software/fleet management and on-board fleet management systems.
- Strong communication skills and a professional demeanor at all times.
- Strong customer service skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website