Job ID 200006HI
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information While exploring a career with us, to keep us all safe, interviews are virtual while practicing social distancing.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Responsible for automating business and application processes. This Lead role will design, build, test, deploy and maintain automated solutions. In addition, the Lead Enterprise Systems Engineer will be responsible for understanding internal customer business requirements and building scalable solutions.
Install, maintain and tune and support middleware applications.
Perform system security, backup and recovery in the UNIX, LINUX, Jboss, Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere and other middleware applications.
Responsible for provisioning middleware infrastructure.
Responsible for Websphere based middleware patch maintenance/upgrades.
Responsible for Oracle based middleware patch maintenance/upgrades.
Develop procedures for backups/restores of the middleware software.
Provide performance analysis of Java based infrastructure including capacity planning to maintain application stability.
Analyze performance data and make recommendations to management.
Experience with Oracle DB environment required.
Experience with Oracle RAC and Exadata is a plus
Knowledge of platform internals.
In-depth knowledge of Java Technologies and some experience with Enterprise Storage systems.
Experience with CA Autosys is a plus.
Requires very good knowledge of TCP/IP and DNS.
Working experience in large scale Middleware environment
Experience in Devops implementations.
Experience in building CI/CD Pipeline.
Experience in OpenShift platform.
Working experience in Cloud (AWS, Azure and GCP)
- Has wide-ranging experience, and uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Acts as a subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of a particular area, such as business, computer science and engineering.
- Takes the lead for department projects, including:
- Defining project tasks, details specifications and timelines.
- Assigning work to appropriate personnel to meet business requirements.
- Ensuring project requirements are met on a timely basis by tracking progress.
- Communicating ongoing status to management and project leads.
- Provides technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation advice on exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge.
- Leads the design, programming, testing and debugging of scripts, programs and systems to increase operational efficiency.
- Creates and maintains documentation for systems and solutions as they are installed and upgraded.
- Participates as needed in all phases of infrastructure engineering with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
- Provides assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lifts/carries objects and materials weighing +/- 30 pounds.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
- 8 – 12 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 6 years' experience; or a PhD with 3 years' experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Requires very strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to effectively interface with internal IT and User personnel.
- Requires good documentation skills to meet compliance requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate self-initiative.
- Ability to lead by doing and educate junior members on staff on technology and process.
- Experience within large enterprise environments.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website