Job ID 19000EH7
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information 2nd Shift M-F 1:30pm - 10pm 10% shift differential Overseeing 30+ warehouse associates WMS experience preferred
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for guiding the receiving, warehousing, shipping, and inventory control of products consistent with company quality, service and cost objectives and to meet daily delivery and productivity goals. Responsible for coaching, motivating, and leading warehouse teams to attain and exceed established objectives; utilizing effective communication, training, and implementing process improvements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leads day-to-day activities for assigned teams to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements in accordance with established company policies and procedures while maintaining the highest possible levels of productivity. These include coordinating and leading:
- The unloading of inbound shipments.
- The orderly stacking and storage of product.
- The staging, and loading of outbound shipments.
- The maintenance of a variety of records, files and reports.
- Oversees the handling of goods and the maintenance and administrative activities of the warehouse teams to ensure customer requirements are met in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Ensures assigned teams' inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Conducts operations in accordance with Distribution Standard Operating Practices and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards and ensures teams adhere to these standards while achieving prescribed objectives.
- Provides guidance, training and mentoring to new team members as well as existing team members regarding company SOP's, safety regulations and other pertinent requirements. Motivates employees using sound techniques to achieve the highest possible levels of efficiency and accuracy and to accomplish established goals and objectives.
- Ensures the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment, provides updates and training as needed.
- Ensures adequate staffing by assuring that the work schedules established are correctly implemented and are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Ensures operations are conducted in a manner that promotes safety and in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) standards including maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work area and assisting with maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Uses radio frequency equipment for picking/selecting, receiving, and string functions, as required.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Completing all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assuring the integrity of the inventory and assisting in conducting physical inventories.
- Attending warehouse meetings and communicating pertinent information to warehouse teams.
- Acting as liaison between employees and management.
- Interacting with Operations Management, Traffic, Customer Service, customers and employees.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to lift and carry loads of up to 60 pounds.
- Work requirements include walking and standing for extended periods.
- Must be capable of operating power equipment if necessary.
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of related experience.
- Requires warehouse and materials handling equipment experience.
- Demonstrates good teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrates ability to lead, train and motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Some familiarity with inventory management and personal computers is helpful.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website