Job ID 210000R9
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for developing and executing strategies to support Fresenius Medical Care North America's Supply Chain objectives. Responsible for strategic category management, supplier negotiations, contracts, and ongoing supplier management in assigned materials. Coordinates with Procurement and Global Strategic Procurement organizations to ensure alignment of procurement strategies where material/service synergies exist.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategically manage indirect spend by utilizing a proven sourcing process that engages stakeholders, aligns business objectives, and ensured supply continuity.
- Act as subject matter expert on the supply and demand markets for assigned categories and their impact on the category.
- Gain credibility and secure high levels of internal stakeholder's buy-in to strategic initiatives.
- Analyze global Category or service market trends for assigned material/service purchases and communicate opportunities to Executive Management, recommending action plans based on market trends.
- Develop and direct annual cost savings programs that directly affect company financials and growth plans and generate progressive year over year cost reductions.
- Prepare requests for proposals for assigned materials/ services.
- Perform proposal analysis, including price analyses, “Should Cost” modeling, benchmarking, etc.
- Develop cost targets for negotiations, negotiation strategy, and develop and negotiate supply agreements.
- Lead supplier selection process, qualification of alternative sources, supply base rationalization programs and other relevant strategies to optimize the supply base.
- Active Supplier Relationship Management: Development and measurement of KPI's, supplier audits, business reviews, improvement plans, new opportunities, awards, terminations, etc. including savings tracking and ongoing communication to management and stakeholders.
- Act as Liaison for resolving supplier/product related issues on assigned materials/services.
- Provides leadership and coaching to all direct reports and partners with human resources on employee matters.
- Works with employees to develop clear and concise development plans to ensure the advancement of future leaders within FMCNA (succession planning).
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5% - 10% Travel is required.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of category buyer staff.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Life Sciences preferred; Advanced Degree desirable.
- Advanced negotiations skills courses, a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 6 – 8 years' experience in Strategic Sourcing/Category Management with direct or in-direct sourcing responsibility required.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Extensive experience managing sourcing projects from start to finish.
- eSourcing experience required.
- Proven ability to execute and generate cost reduction improvement.
- Proficient with PCs and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Moderate to complex level of financial analysis knowledge including business modeling and problem solving skills.
- Experience in negotiating pricing, contract terms and conditions including statements of work (SOWs).
- Experience in providing project management and team leadership for sourcing initiatives stakeholders.
- Results driven, innovative & creative. Aligns and energizes behind common objectives, action-oriented & willing to face challenging situations.
- The ability to formulate and articulate a strategy and business case for the category and build the tactical path.
- Critical thinking and decision making: The ability to solve complex problems and think through both tangible (holistic supply chain costs) and intangible (future value of supplier relationships) factors in making decisions for the company.
- Ability to interpret and ground decisions on solid analytics.
- Ability to negotiate the best possible terms with strategic suppliers that have a far reaching impact on our business.
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders, including executive management, to achieve the initiative objectives.
- Ability to develop relationships and build both a strong direct and indirect sphere of influence.
- Ability to take ownership, lead and influence to deliver the desired results.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Structure analysis of E&O materials and services spend, contracts, and suppliers for informed decision making by category management team.
- Able to manage a portfolio of large construction projects.
- Relevant construction change management experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable about construction industry trends, with focus areas in Engineering, Operations and Maintenance, Facilities and General Construction.
- Works with Construction Project Management during Capex and Opex planning and develops category resource plans and timelines.
- SAP proficiency a plus.
Finance/Pharmaceuticals Procurement focus
- Responsible for strategic category management, supplier negotiations, contracts, and ongoing supplier management in assigned materials. Coordinates with regional and Global Procurement, supply chain and materials management organizations internally and with suppliers, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) and Distributors externally to ensure alignment of procurement strategies where material/service synergies exist.
- Strategically manage pharmaceuticals spend from FDA approved sources by utilizing a proven procurement process that engages stakeholders, aligns business objectives, and ensured supply continuity.
- Analyze global drug class market trends for assigned pharmaceutical categories and communicate opportunities to Executive Management, recommending action plans based on market trends.
- Liaise with Chief Medical Office for change to currently sourced formulations and for perspective on clinical trials pipeline where appropriate.
- Prepare requests for proposals for assigned pharmaceutical categories, aligned with FDA Drug Classes.
- Perform proposal analysis, including price analyses, “Should Cost” modeling including Key Starting Materials (KSMs), Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and Fill & Finish / Finished Dose Form (FDFs) benchmarking, etc.
- Build long term supplier relationships with suppliers, participate in established pharmaceutical industry exhibitions and conferences.
- SAP proficiency a plus.
- Pharmaceuticals procurement experience preferred alt. Medical Device and or Healthcare Materials/Services with a good understanding of FDA regulatory framework and approval process, cGMP, FMD/ISO 13485.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website