Job ID 200009KH
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information NxStage Medical, a Fresenius Company is on a mission to transform renal care. To do that, we continually seek the best-of-the-best to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative professionals. If you share our mission and are committed to improving the lives of renal patients, then we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Manages a team of software developers to design, code, test, and implement high quality software for dialysis and related products. Responsible for and accountable to plan, lead, assign, supervise and control activities related to software design and development.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Ensures design and development of new software or modification to existing software to meet the company's needs.
- Manages all phases of software development life cycle including scheduling of resources, development of design specifications from business requirements, cost estimation, standards, release management, software change management and process compliance.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interprets and implements change to policies and establishes procedures that increase work process quality and efficiency
- Review and evaluate quality of work performed by software engineers. Prioritize, assign, and monitor work progress relative to schedule plans. Adjust levels of work effort and/or schedule exceptions to ensure integrity of the software development plan.
- Ensures software development work satisfies business requirements, complies with approved department procedures and standards, and meets company software quality objectives.
- Communicates project progress frequently and effectively to upper managers and team members. Works effectively within the organization to evaluate project results.
- Develop work estimates, work breakdown structures and the project work plan; prepare a consolidated work plan for initiatives that involve multiple related projects.
- Provides technical contributions on key programs as required
- Contributes to the generation of ideas and potential inventions to be used in new products
- Maintain current knowledge with state of the art technologies to ensure the safety and quality of our products
- Expert of FDA Design Control procedures
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce.
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Often leading a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provides technical guidance.
- Assists with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. with assistance.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Software Development staff.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years' related experience.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Experience in software development, verification, and standards necessary to meet FDA requirements.
- Experience tracking execution of software development.
- Ability to interface with customers and marketing to develop and review requirements and plans
- Clear understanding of Software Development and Quality Assurance processes.
- Expert in real-time embedded software architecture and implementation.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Software for Dialysis Equipment technology and processes.
- Ability to read scientific and technical journals, functional reports and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principals of advance math.
- Ability to apply logical and scientific critical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Analytical Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Collects and researches data.
- Uses intuition and researches data, and experience to complement data.
- Designs workflows and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website