Job ID 20000BRX
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports FMCNA's mission, core values, expected behaviors, and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy and procedure requirements. Provides psychosocial services to patients treated by the facility including in-center and home dialysis patients (if applicable) utilizing Social Work Theory of Human Behavior and accepted methods of social work practice. Works with the health care team to promote positive adjustment, rehabilitation and improved quality of life for our patients. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, informs, educates and supports staff in understanding the emotional, psychological and behavioral impact of Chronic Kidney Disease on the patient and family to ensure comprehensive quality care of our patients. Supports the FMCNA commitment to the Quality Indicators and Outcomes and Quality Assessment and Improvement (QAI) Activities, including those related to patient satisfaction and quality of life and actively participates in process improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve the FMCNA Quality Goals. Adheres to all requirements of the FMCNA Compliance Program, and all FMS policy requirements. This is an entry level MSW role. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer services standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve, and follow up regarding customer services issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team, assesses patients' psychosocial status, strengths and areas of need that may affect rehabilitation and optimal treatment outcomes as part of the comprehensive patient assessment.
- Participates in care planning in collaboration with the patient and healthcare team to identify effective interventions that will help the patient meet rehabilitation, treatment goals, and improve quality of life.
- Utilizes FMS Ultra Care patient education programs, established social work theory and methods and quality of life measurement instruments as part of assessment and care planning to resolve barriers and meet patient treatment goals.
- Provides established outcomes driven psycho-educational counseling methods aimed at improving areas of need, treatment adherence, vocational/educational rehabilitation and/or quality of life.
- Provides supportive and goal directed counseling to patients who are seeking transplant.
- Assesses patient awareness of advance directives; assists with accessing advance directive forms/information and facilitates discussion of advance directive wishes, if necessary, with the healthcare team and the patient's family/support persons.
- Will provide general information about Do Not Resuscitate Orders and Advanced Directives
- Provides information and assists the team and patient with referral to community resources (home health services, vocational rehabilitation, etc.) to facilitate optimal treatment outcomes.
- In collaboration with the physician and nurse, participates in the discussion of patient DNR status in the facility to ensure patient understanding and informed decision making.
- Provides usual care and/or Social Work Intensive to address non-adherence and quality of life concerns for all patients
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to FMCNA Social Work Policy, including documentation
- Assess patient knowledge of kidney disease for barriers that may affect adherence to treatment. Works with patient, family and health care team to provide education tailored to the patient's learning style and needs.
- With other members of the interdisciplinary team, provides appropriate information about all treatment modalities. Facilitates the transplant referral process and collaborates with interdisciplinary team, if delegated by Clinical Manager.
- Provides ongoing education to patient/family regarding psychosocial issues related to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and all support services that are available.
- Reviewed patient rights and responsibilities, grievance information (company and network) and other facilities policies with patient and/or the patients' representative to ensure patients' understanding of the rights and expectations of them.
- Collaborates with the team on appropriate QAI activities.
- Understands the referral and admission process and supports the clinic in regard to the patient needs for scheduling to maximize adherence and adjustment
- Collaborates with facility management, Financial Coordinators and Billing Group staff to address patient issues related to insurance.
- In collaboration with Financial Coordinators, provides information and education to patients about payment to dialysis (federal, state, commercial insurance, state renal programs, AKF HIPP, and entitlement programs)
- Maintains current knowledge regarding local vocational/educational rehabilitation programs and assist patients with referral and access to vocational rehabilitation to enable them to remain employed, become employed or receive education.
- (Reassess patient demographic and insurance information changes every quarter. Notifies all appropriate departments of changes.
- Understands FMCNA financial policies and procedures as they related to patient services. Collaborate with Financial Coordinators to educate patients about programs that may be available to assist with uncovered services, how to resolve billing concerns, and understand financial responsibilities.
- Assist with interview process and decision to hire new personnel if requested by CM or AM/DO.
- Works with the administrative support staff to maintain updated patient resource lists (e.g. maintain updated list of transportation resources).
- Develops and provides training to staff pertaining to psychosocial topics as needed. Trains staff in Ultra Care Programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel Required (if multiple facilities)
- Masters In Social Work Required
- 0 – 2 years' related experience.
- State Specific Licensure required
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website