Job ID 210001YW
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Requires travel to multiple locations
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Promotes quality patient care, ongoing customer support and case management for Fresenius Medical Care (FMCNA) renal patient population (internal and external) by providing guidance, support, care coordination, education and other resource coordination functions as defined by the pertinent program. Manages the implementation of the pertinent program as assigned while acting as the subject matter expert and resource for patients, dialysis staff, and other healthcare professionals. Services are provided telephonically and in person on-site visits to clinics, medical office, hospital are required. The position also coordinates activities with physicians, physician offices, dialysis facilities, and pharmacies to ensure that patients' medication profiles are accurately completed and that patients receive their necessary medications and medication refills in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the guidance of registered nurse, takes the appropriate actions to ensure the accuracy of patient medication files for enrolled or prospective patients and the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions for FKC patients.
- Under the supervision of Registered Nurse, assists FKC clinic staff with medication management tasks such as benefit investigation, submission and receipt of patient authorization, contacts patients, physicians, physician offices, dialysis facilities, and other pharmacies regarding the accuracy and fulfillment of prescriptions FKC patients.
- Ensures that patient medication profiles are accurate and sent in a timely manner.
- Ensures that patient prescription needs are met in a timely manner.
- Speaks with physicians or nurses to verify correct information about a specific prescription.
- Regularly requests prescriptions and refills from dialysis clinic staff and physicians by telephone and/or facsimile. Follows up as necessary to ensure the timely receipt of new prescriptions.
- Contacts pharmacies to execute patient medication fulfillment.
- Familiar with pharmacy operations at all Fresenius Rx locations, including outsourcing operations.
- Coordinates the evaluation and enhancement of pharmacy enrollment and utilization tracking tools.
- Communicates regularly with other teams such as nutrition services, social work services, quality and operations, obtaining feedback and analyzing the recommendations made to contribute to the resolution of related issues and create positive outcomes.
- Adheres to company, department, program policies and clinical guidelines to identify, review, assess and allocate patients for program participation according to their identified needs.
- Maintains and updates the appropriate software/tracking logs of patients in the program to manage and record required information and data.
- Complies with departmental and program quality standards and quality assessment and performance improvement requirements.
- Maintains integrity of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Complies with all company and departmental required data collections and auditing activities.
- Acts as a resource for the customer to address concerns and questions.
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Participates in project-based assignments.
- Maintains current knowledge of the departmental program software and the company's clinical information systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel and visits to clinics, patient homes, and physicians' offices is required by program.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- High School Diploma required, Associate Degree desirable
- Patient Care Technician, Medical Assistant or Medical Technician Certification desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years' dialysis or medical practice experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Understands the importance of and demonstrates a customer service philosophy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to enter information accurately on paper and into a database system.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office. Proficient to advanced typing skills.
- Develops a working knowledge of standard medical abbreviations and medical terminology.
- Able to follow oral and written communication, as well as communicate information to individuals or groups with varying levels of education.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website