Job ID 20000CC3
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Principal Business Analyst develops, interprets and implements complex financial and/or accounting concepts for financial planning, conducts month/year end closings, and prepares/leads annual budget cycle for Frenova Renal Research. The Principal Business Analyst performs economic research and studies in areas of business analysis within the assigned function(s).PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Utilize knowledge of accounting and/or financial principles by reviewing, reconciling and consolidating submitted financial data of complex scope on a routine basis; collaborating with cross-divisional teams on the accurate and timely resolution of outstanding issues.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) by providing in-depth analysis, review and presentation of diverse financial reports.
- Conduct month/year close processes and reporting according to financial calendar and report results .
- Performs advanced, highly complex analyses on a regular basis for prospective and ongoing business initiatives; analyses may include but are not limited to profit and loss statements, financial modeling, forecast/budget cycles and trend analysis
- May participate in process reviews, business process analyses and internal control testing; ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and other regulatory requirements within the assigned function(s).
- Responsible for driving the coordination, completion and leadership of special interdepartmental financial projects
- May act as a mentor, providing functional guidance, support and advice to Financial Analysts in the department.
- Initiate projects that contribute to the companies going concern while partnering with internal and external cross-functional customers to develop improved processes, methods, and company initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop and lead leadership training to all staff on utilizing technical systems/ERS
- Liaise with other cross departmental members of finance
- Lead training to Operations on financial aspects of business
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8+ years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 5 years' experience
- Excellent computer skill with strong demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email applications. Macro development preferred
- Previous financial experience in a Site Management Organization preferred
- Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and financial systems (e.g., SAP, Anaplan, etc.). Working knowledge of BEx query designer highly preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
- Proven track record within the organization for adding value and shows strong potential for leadership positions. Internal candidates preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, tasks and client conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships through diplomacy and tact.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and alternately within a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website