Job ID 210007JC
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Principal Software Engineer – Web Development, NxStage Medical, Inc., a Fresenius Medical Care N.A. company, Lawrence, MA
Purpose and Scope:
The candidate will participate in product development activities related to the design, development, testing, and/or support of web-based software for NxStage Medical's products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead major projects, or phases of projects
- Interact with NxStage Medical devices including NxStage embedded and iOS interfaces
- Resolve advanced and complex technical challenges
- Create software architecture for complex multi-server web applications.
- Create proof of concepts with current working modules and third-party libraries.
- Design, develop, code and unit test software following internal design control SOPs
- Apply state-of-the-art methods in creating software for NxStage products; develop improvements to existing designs.
- Apply the principles of software configuration management, software life cycle, and software maintainability.
- Debug new designs and develop reliability improvements to existing & new designs.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams, including pairing with other engineers to solve complex problems.
- Provide technical support for product engineering, design development, integration, test and evaluation
- Follow Design Control SOPs for projects and programs, including following the software development lifecycle.
- Work with Quality Assurance to meet the requirements of our internal Quality System, including specific requirements of GMPs, FDA QSR, relevant IEC standards, and ISO 9001.
- Assist in Risk Analysis including, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Operator Misuse Analysis (OMA), and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) activities to ensure process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed
- Assist in developing reports and other data mining activities.
- Assist in Integrating NxStage Medical's products with customer systems.
- Assist with researching and resolving software related customer complaints.
- Ensure all systems and data are protected according to relevant SOPs.
Education Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in an Engineering discipline.
- 8 years of experience as a Web-based Software Engineer.
- Experience must include 8 years of experience (which can have been gained concurrently with the above primary requirement) with the following:
- Working on all phases of the software development lifecycle including project lifecycles, software development environments and source control techniques.
- Developing web applications using ASP.NET Framework 4.5, C#, MS-SQL, MVC 5, .NET Core, ASMX Web Services, SOAP, WCF, WEB APIs, Essential Objects (EO) libraries, TokBox/Vonage APIs and Entity Framework (EF).
- Designing and developing web pages (UI) using ASPX markups, Razor, HTML5.0, jQuery, jQueryUI, AJAX, CSS3, Bootstrap, Sales Force APIs and JSON.
- Concept design and develop POC projects with AngularJS, NodeJS and SOA based architecture to enhance the portal to compatible with mobile/device view.
- Managing the defects, requirements, test plans in Bugzilla, Oracle's Agile Content and Jama Connect tools.
- Fixing SAST and DAST security risks identified from Fortify and Black Duck Security tools.
- Administrating the IIS 7.5 web servers, Team Foundation (TFS) CI/CD process implementation, develop build scripts in PowerShell/Python.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website