Job ID 210000DH
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
A shift or D shift
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provide Security for plant by restricting access to any/all unauthorized personnel from entering premises. Being the first face of Fresenius Medical Care this position will greet and welcome with a positive attitude all personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work extended hours (8-14 hours); work flexible hours; work day shift (0800-1600), swing shift (1600-2400) or graveyard shift (0001-0800); work Monday through Sunday.
- Ability to speak English fluently; ability to read and understand written orders, directions and policies; ability to write and print legibly and clearly; ability to communicate both orally and in writing; ability to give directions; ability to use two-way radios; ability to work with others.
- Ability to walk around plant exterior.
- Ability to stand and greet everyone through the gate area.
- Ability to wear a uniform and keep it clean and in good condition.
- Ability to work long hours and irregular hours, remaining alert and awake.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to initiate, maintain and complete a Daily Activity Report (DAR); ability to imitate, maintain and complete Visitor logs, Temporary Employee (temporary personnel) logs, Employee (Temporary badge) logs, Contractor/Vendor Logs, and Delivery Logs.
- Ability to recognize and respond to Emergency situations. Ability to secure an incident site/crime scene, conduct an investigation, interview all persons involved and make a written report.
- Ability to examine and screen, disseminate incoming and outgoing mail, FedEx/UPS packages, secure the mail and transport it to and from reception area, Receiving, Building E and R&D building.
- Ability to shovel snow and keep sidewalks free from ice, snow and debris for employees and other pedestrians.
- Be familiar with and able to perform job duties. Responsible to perform duties of Receptionist in his/her absence. Enforce all Fresenius Medical Care Rules and Regulations.
- Present friendly, polite and helpful attitude. Observe and greet all incoming personnel entering Main Entrance- including visitors, employees, temporary employees, contractors, vendors and Local, State and Federal authorities. Check for appropriate badge and allow entrance to plant. Direct un-authorized personnel back to Post 1 for proper badge. Issue and log the appropriate badge- Temporary Blue for full time employees, Temporary Green badge for temporary employees, Orange badges to contractors and Blue badges to vendors, and Yellow badges to visitors. Direct visitors to receptionist waiting area. Always call appropriate receptionist/administrative assistant and request contact with guest in waiting area to any secure building. Give proper and authorized information and directions to both visitors and employees.
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls to appropriate employees. Direct emergency phone calls to appropriate supervisors (when appropriate) call their cell phone. Utilize the company employee telephone directory.
- Maintain and clean the Post, inside and outside. With the use of the Kubota pick up garbage from trash cans around exterior perimeter/picnic area and dispose in trash compactor.
- Remain at your post until properly relieved. Provide temporary break when needed. Assist Security Officer when needed.
- Assist Human Resource personnel in conducting periodic employee terminations. Assist Temporary Service Representative with periodic Drug Screens.
- Maintain the company safety bulletin board affixed to front of Posts.
- Raise and lower flag every day or as needed.
- Patrol on foot the exterior of facility once very hour Monday through Friday from 1800 to 0700 hours, and Saturday and Sunday from 0001 to 2400 hours. Patrol the interior of the facility. Check for any emergency/safety/security problems. Check for suspected criminal activity such as but not limited to broken windows, drug use, holes in fencing, etc., and seek assistance from law enforcement in avoiding confrontations. Monitor inside strobe alarm and audible alarm.
- Observe the North and East parking lots for unauthorized vehicles and criminal activity. Issue written citations/warnings for improperly parked or unauthorized vehicles. Notify supervisor and/or appropriate plant personnel of serious events and/or emergency situations.
- All FLEXIBLE Officers (Elwood - Temps) are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with FMC/Elwood policies and Security Directives in the same manner as part time and full time FMC Security Officers.
- In addition to normally assigned security duties, Flex Officers are expected to report to work at any requested hour of any day or night of the week to fill in for an officer who is absent from work, to work part of or all of the officer's scheduled shift.
- The needs of the company must take priority over any personal reasons not to report to work when requested, however personal/family plans or un-expected emergencies will be honored and granted when possible. As much advance notice to report to work will be provided to Flex Officers when possible. Any reason not able to work will be dealt case by case incident.
- If a Flex Officer is unable or unwilling to report for a work assignment when requested, his/her employment in Security may be terminated.
- Flex officers may change their employment status from Temporary to regularly scheduled full or part time FMC employees as FMC vacancies occur and his/her performance merits change, regardless of how long the Flex Officer has been employed and providing advance notice (2 weeks) is given. During the 2 weeks notice, he/she may be called to work when requested.
- Also be familiar with and able to perform all job duties of Fresenius officers.
- Maintain general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Follow all Fresenius policies.
- Regular attendance and maintaining a good attendance record is an essential function of the job.
- Our company values of Honesty, Integrity, Quality, Respect, Dignity, Innovation, Improvement, Teamwork and Safety are an essential function of the job.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years' related experience.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website