Job ID 21000P8G
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Shift: Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays - 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM and Tuesdays, Wednesdays 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Communicates information and acts as a resource for clients by telephone and fax. Gathers necessary information from clients to help in providing timely and accurate laboratory results (reports).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contacts clients of abnormal test results, problems with specimens and requisitions, verify information.
- Assists clients with questions regarding status of tests, test requirements, specimen handling, etc.
- Assists clients with requests for changes to their requisitions, critical values, and patient information.
- Documents all calls into appropriate systems.
- Communicates with Sales and Clinical Support Reps about clients.
- Communicates with all departments to resolve client questions and problems in a timely manner.
- Acts as a resource person for complex questions regarding reports, technical issues, dialysis procedures, etc.
- Helps orient and instruct new staff.
- Provides input for improvement of department policy and procedures.
- Assists with on-boarding and training of new staff.
- Produce and analyze system reports for customer information trends and provide recommendations.
- May provide assistance to junior staff with more complex support tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time.
- No travel requirements
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years' related experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience in medical/laboratory customer service setting.
- Prior call center experience and/or multi-line phone system.
- Prior experience with call center systems, including reporting.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website