Job ID 20000DCN
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Senior Health Economist leads analyses and communicates results in support of therapies, pre- and post- product approvals, within the Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) nephrology portfolio.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to find solutions.
- Conducts a large range of health economic (HE) outcomes analyses and modeling.
- Identify, designs and conducts analyses and modeling to assess economic impact of RTG products.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary internal departments to develop and implement health economic strategies to support business objectives [pre- and post- product approval, therapies]
- Evaluates proposed or current policies and interprets and disseminates information on studies' findings such as economic impact of policies implementation for economy and health care systems.
- Define research objectives, performs analyses, report result of analyses.
- Provides external communication of analyses in the form of abstracts, posters or manuscripts and conducts the drafting, editing and delivery of medical communication in a timely manner and within the project scope.
- May present findings of HE analyses to various FMC line functions and divisions as well as external organizations such as managed care organizations
- Acts as subject matter expert and maintains a library of health economic relevant publications.Must keep updated on new techniques and software related to health economics.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to 20% travel is possible.
Preferred PHD or required Master's Degree with 5+ years' experience in health economics or health services research with demonstrated research experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience required working in health economics in medical device/technology industry, pharmaceuticals, managed care and/or health related industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of computing and use of statistical software for modeling and performing economic analyses.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website