Job ID 21000A9U
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Utilizing applied knowledge, the Sr. Patient Account Representative – Collections provides high-level administrative support to the collections operations within the assigned function(s). The Sr. Patient Account Representative – Collections ensures the timely receipt of claim payments and minimizes bad debt accrual through ongoing database maintenance. In this capacity, the Sr. Patient Account Rep - Collections provides outstanding customer service to customers and vendors through effective and timely communication.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision, identify and resolve complex claims and discrepancies.
- Generate and analyze diverse reports and work lists in the identification and resolution of complex patient account issue.
- Review and resolve outstanding payments from past due accounts.
- Ensure timely receipt of claim payments; processing payments accordingly and reconciling all necessary data.
- Perform administrative functions in adherence to company policies and procedures; ensuring timely and complete documentation of activities performed.
- May serve as a point of contact for customers and/or vendors in response to general inquiries and unresolved issues.
- May mentor other staff as applicable.
- May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years' related experience; or an Associate's or Bachelor's degree without experience.
- General computer skills with working knowledge in word processing, spreadsheet, and email applications.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers and all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website