Job ID 210008MY
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Patient Account Representative – Verifications provides high level administrative support to the daily verifications operations within the assigned function(s). The incumbent ensures data accuracy and integrity of patient information within the verification process. The Sr. Patient Account Representative – Verifications serves as a subject matter expert (SME) by providing guidance and support to the team(s) and serving as a liaison to cross-divisional teams.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify and report complex patient information in the facilitation of billing and collections activities.
- Under limited supervision, analyze and resolve benefits and insurance information; ensuring reconciliation of data within company-defined deadlines, and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify, research and resolve complex errors, issues and discrepancies within the assigned function(s).
- Analyze and resolve diverse reports and work lists in the identification and resolution of complex patient account issues.
- Serve as an SME within the assigned function(s); acting as a liaison to cross-divisional teams.
- Conduct training of current processes; ensuring activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Mentor other staff by providing guidance, leadership and support within the assigned function(s).
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years' related experience.
- Great computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic and energetic attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website