Job ID 20000GN9
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information SHIFT: Tuesdays to Fridays, 11:00am to 7:30pm / Saturdays, 10:00am to 6:30pm
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the preparation and set up of routine and complex laboratory tests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- May provide assistance to junior staff with more general support tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
In the Specimen Processing Area:
- Able to perform all tasks of Specimen Handler I.
- Processes manual lab orders, scans tubes and verifies receipts.
- Processes add on tests.
- Resolves problem tubes and process unspun and insufficiently spun tubes.
- May refer to Specimen Handler III for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision and color vision.
- High School Diploma required
- Some science and medical college courses preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1-2 years related experience
- Knowledge of medical lab and specimen processing preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to follow precise directions in situation requiring speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to work in fast paced, high pressure, production like environment.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications (MS Office)
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website