Job ID 20000CA0
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information We are leveraging virtual technology to engage with you and keep us all safe while you explore a career with us. We will conduct all interviews virtually, to allow us to still connect about this job and proceed with our hiring process while practicing social distancing.
NxStage Medical, a Fresenius Company is on a mission to transform renal care. To do that, we continually seek the best-of-the-best to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative professionals.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent will support product or process development activities related to the development, design or manufacturing of NxStage Medical's equipment products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply state of the art methods to the creation of new circuit design for NxStage products
- Lead major projects, or phases of projects, to resolve advanced and complex technical problems
- Perform Risk Analysis including, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Operator Misuse Analysis (OMA), and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) activities to ensure process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed
- Lead Risk Management activities to ensure design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed
- Lead the product development team in the adoption and use of best practices and design methodologies
- Debugging new designs and developing reliability improvements to existing & new design
- Provide technical support for product engineering, design development, integration, test and evaluation
- Investigate the feasibility of new projects, systems or approaches
- Work with Quality Assurance and Research and Development to maintain an approved internal Quality System that meets the requirements of GMP's, QSR and ISO 9001
- Support complex automated and semi-automated assembly and test equipment
- Lead improvement and corrective action projects using techniques such as DMAIC or 8-D and appropriate statistical tools
- Respond rapidly and flexibly to emerging issues in production, quality, engineering, or supply chain
- Facilitate collaboration between multiple manufacturing sites and business units
- Create and review process, design, and fixture documentation including work guidelines, specifications, and CAD
- Create and review validation plans considering design, process, end use, risk management, and current regulation and industry best practice
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- MSEE Strongly Preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years experience in electrical product engineering and development
- Experience with CPLD's preferred
- Analog, digital, power and motion control experience
- Advanced knowledge of Agile development methods
- Reliability design experience a plus
- Technical understanding in product development methodologies, design and implementation
- Advanced understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
- Fluent on the OrCad Capture & Allegro design suite, including CIS & CIP
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website