Job ID 2100037N
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Payroll Tax Coordinator coordinates payroll tax processes in coordination with other payroll processes within the assigned function(s). The incumbent serves as a liaison to applicable tax vendors and governing tax entities to ensure tax reconciliations on a routine basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, set up and complete all applicable tax registrations for all tax locations and jurisdictions to ensure data accuracy and integrity within the payroll system(s).
- Review and balance tax files and remittances on a routine basis in coordination with payroll transmissions.
- Perform an ongoing review and audit of employee tax records to ensure accurate tax data; collaborating with vendors in the resolution of identified issues as needed.
- Complete workers' compensation reports and filings on a routine basis.
- Reconcile all applicable taxes and adjustments on a routine basis; contributing to the Form W-2 process annually as needed.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) in the research and resolution of diverse tax issues.
- May mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various high level projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4 – 6 years' related experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) license preferred.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with human resources management system (HRMS) and payroll systems (e.g., ADP, Kronos, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to handle confidential information with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask concurrent priorities in an organized manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- Must be able to maintain positive relationships through outstanding customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website