Job ID 200007S6
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Supervisor, Collections is responsible for the ongoing activities in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, policies and procedures of the credit approval and credit collection function. The Supervisor, Collections oversees the routine analysis of accounts receivable, aging accounts, special credit arrangements and problem accounts to determine proper collection procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks and maintaining schedules.
- Meet or exceed monthly cash forecast by reducing Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) to meet business and departmental goals
- Motivate staff and foster team spirit by ensuring the team is properly trained and that communication of processes and procedures are ongoing to new hires and existing staff.
- Monitor the team's collections activities; ensuring timely and accurate completion of work.
- Conduct regular account reviews with staff and Manager and make suggestions to resolve recurring issues.
- Maintain assigned portfolio of accounts
- Prepare reports for management review on a routine basis.
- Participate in monthly close processes as requested.
- Ensure audit trails are maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures; resolving outstanding issues or discrepancies as necessary.
- Review current processes and procedures; recommending improvements for accuracy and efficiency.
- May serve as a point of contact for customers in response to inquiries and unresolved issues.
- Monitor the team's collections activities; ensuring timely and accurate completion of work through ongoing communication, training and motivation.
- Provide direct supervision of the assigned team(s) through ongoing leadership and guidance; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- May serve as a liaison to cross-divisional teams.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Travel may be required.
May be responsible for the supervision of various levels of collections staff.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 3 years' experience as a Sr. Patient Account Rep - Collections; or 1 – 3 years' experience as a Supervisor.
- Prior experience in a multi-location billing, accounting and/or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and email applications.
- Working knowledge of automated revenue management systems preferred.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website