Job ID 21000BMZ
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performs administrative duties in support of activities related to the shipping of finished goods. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Handles routine questions and problems and maintains open communication with other departments throughout the shipping/delivery cycle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates in person and over the telephone with Supply Chain Analysts, Routers, Drivers, Customer Service and Brokers, as needed.
- Assists team members in finding and securing revenue generating loads and backhauls.
Performs administrative duties which may include but are not limited to:
- Data Entry.
- Answering phones.
- Creating and preparing required operational reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Performing queries and report requests as necessary.
- Printing, sorting, and collating operational, transportation documents.
- Sets up and maintains filing system for confidential records, correspondence files, and reports.
- May be required to conduct research into issues pertaining to fleet functions as requested.
Supports the day-to-day activities for assigned fleet delivery driver teams which includes performing the following:
- Coordinates the delivery and pick-up of dialysis products from home patients and clinics according to established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Takes note of and reports any customer complaints. Reports more complex issues and complaints to senior staff for resolution.
- Performs all duties and functions to achieve OHSA related targets for recordable incidents and lost time incidents.
- Provides proof of delivery when required and verify customer signatures on deliveries and revenue generating loads.
- Identifies and recommends options for route improvements to management as appropriate.
- Maintains files for all driver logs and daily vehicle reports. Identify problems and report appropriately.
- Participates in assigned monthly/quarterly/annual training for Good Manufacturing Practices, Health & Safety, DOT, and Compliance.
- Remains up-to-date with all annually revised regulatory standards (OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA, and state specific agencies).
- Completes all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Attends meetings and communicating pertinent information to assigned drivers and management.
- Interacts with Operations management, Customer Service, customers, and employees
- May act as back-up routing position when needed to cover for vacations and absences.
- Remains current on routing software and DC route optimization.
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years of related experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimal amount of supervision.
- Experience and skill with PC based word processing systems and some experience with routing software/fleet management.
- Demonstrates good teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website