If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.All positions at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
The Scanning Coordinator is responsible for maintaining price files, shelf tag accuracy, and signage for our stores. They oversee item pricing and merchandise additions and deletions. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Store Support Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Maintains all shelf tags for product items, replaces and updates as necessary.
· Activates price changes daily in the computer.
· Executes timely promotions ensuring that sale items are accurately tagged and information is coordinated with department managers.
· Informs Support Staff and Store Director concerning any scanning inaccuracies and errors.
· Works with customers to fulfill their needs, requests, and special orders.
· Responds to customer suggestions and complaints.
· Prepares and submits all required paperwork and reports.
· Assists with the upkeep of the cleanliness of the store by mopping, sweeping, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalency degree.
· Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Store Support department processes and procedures.
· Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
· Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
· Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
· Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
· Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
· Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
Job Function Analysis
· Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
· Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
· Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
· Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
· Balance Frequently 34–66%
· Bend Occasionally 1–33%
· Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
· Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
· Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
· Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
· Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
· Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
· 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
· 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
Apply on company website