If you're someone who wants to make a difference and is passionate about the impact healthy eating has on people's lives, join us as we continue our mission of offering real, fresh and organic food at affordable prices all across the Midwest. If you agree and get excited about the idea of engaging and guiding our customers on a journey to total wellness, thru delicious, fresh food, we'd like to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of our team!
.The Fresh Thyme Distribution Center Selector is responsible for continuously developing and having a strong understanding of the picking process, pallet building, forklift and electric jack use, pallet building, and warehouse safety procedures. Needs to understand the products, selection sop, safety, and case pick handling. A Selector is responsible for picking cases and loading using RF and Voice, operating efficiently and accurately.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Picks the correct items and quantities, utilizing direction from Voice driven process.
· Builds and shrink wraps a stable and well cubed pallet.
· Loads trailers as assigned.
· Checks and reports damage, shorts, miss slotted, or obvious quality issues.
· Follows and enhances sop for labeling, stacking, and put away of inbound receipts.
· Utilization of Warehouse Management Systems, RF, Voice directed pick. Power Warehouse preferred.
· Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for process development.
· Responsible for following all food safety policy and procedures.
· Performs general housekeeping of warehouse, sweeping and removing debris in aisles.
· Fixes unstable, uneven, pallets in pick and reserve slots.
· All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Grocery retail distribution or wholesale distribution experience. Produce / Fresh Foods preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, RF, (Power Warehouse WMS preferred).
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
· Ability to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends when necessary.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with all.
· Understanding of specific knowledge pertaining to Grocery, Produce, and encompassing departments beneficial.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
· The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending in a refrigerated environment.
· The ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
· Prolonged sitting behind a computer screen.
Apply on company website