The Assistant Merchant's primary responsibility is to support the Merchant in assigned category(ies) in maintaining accurate, timely, detailed information necessary for daily business decision-making. As an Assistant, this person will learn all aspects of the business, contribute to the idea generation for products, and will interact with all the different functions within the brand.
- Support the department/category in Strategy and Presentation: Develop and understanding of the connection between financial strategies and related merchandise objectives.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding and adhering to all corporate calendar meetings and events.
- Assortment Development: Collaborate with entire merchant team on cohesive seasonal looks and assortments. Help gather market intelligence with a focus on business opportunities and present learnings to merchant leadership. Write copy stories to clearly communicate product details that articulate benefits while highlighting the Frontgate difference.
- Deliver timely and accurate data across all applications (NSD, Assortment Plan, MAP;s, ePIF, SIMs, Sample Tagging, Change Forms, Assortment Exceptions, Cost/Retail Changes) Sample Tracking: air quotes, approvals, partners with sourcing.
- Begin to take initiative/ownership for items and or small segments of the business, including but not limited to managing, under supervision, the growth and development of assigned products and or categories.
- Analytics: Understand past season product trends and historical data at the category level (Pivot tables, Weekly Business Reports).
- Assist in evaluating the assortment, reacting to in-season performance/trends, recap those findings and report out during weekly business meetings. Aids in document presentation for key meetings.
What will you bring:
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or related field.
Minimum Experience : College Graduate
- 1-2 years assistant merchant experience.
- Ability to manage process and projects.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Shows problem-solving capabilities.
- Collaborative, ability to work as a team.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Excellent phone, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer. Curious and open to learning.
Apply on company website