The Sales Associate is responsible for providing our guests with exceptional service by meeting their individual needs and expectations, as well as serving as a Frontgate Ambassador by promoting the philosophy and values of the brand. This role will focus on creating a unique and exciting experience for our guests that will inspire them to creatively express themselves in their home and make it easy for them to discover products that best suit the way they entertain and live. Our leaders will have a sense of personal style, a polished appearance, a refined taste and a discerning eye for home furnishing.
The Sales Associate role will contribute to the store achieving its daily, monthly and annual sales and service goals. You will provide an exemplary guest experience by asking the guests questions to determine their needs and engaging guests with product knowledge, suggesting items to fit the guests' immediate needs and recommending additional items/services that will complement the guests' desires.
The Sales Associate will be expected to deliver first-class service, assisting in creating a unique experience to each guest. They will have a passion for design and home furnishings and focus on selling strategy and execution. The Sales Associate must have a keen eye for design and an unmatched attention to detail and convey this through creating a branded, luxury guest experience. This role requires you to be a creative and imaginative thinker, with the ability to align with the Frontgate aesthetic and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You will always stay focused on top priorities, with a clear understanding that our guests are number one. This position directly reports into the Assistant Store Manager of Sales.
Sales Associate Primary Responsibilities
- Exemplify the “Ultimate Concierge” mindset; passionate about providing exceptional service and understand how to effectively manage issue resolution in a timely manner. Welcome, entertain and host our guests.
- Knowledgeable on current trends in the industry. Build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to: Design Services, private label credit card and community outreach programs.
- Provide guests with accurate and efficient service to educate them on the products and services available at Frontgate.
- Collaborate with the management team and peers to achieve daily, weekly and monthly store metrics.
- Ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge and constantly stay educated on new product details.
- Maintain a high percentage of the guest email capture, for the purposes of connecting with the guest, building relationships and personalizing future guest engagement.
- Contribute in all aspects of store maintenance and merchandising. Assist in maintaining a clean, organized and easy-to-shop sales floor.
- Follow company policies and guidelines for signage, visual display, and merchandise placement to maximize sales, ensure safety and minimize shrinkage.
- Maintain an active, accurate, organized client book, contacting guests regularly and providing appropriate follow-up on all sales or guest requests.
- Work as a team player and partner with fellow colleagues, foster open and constructive communication to ensure a consistently exceptional experience and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Contribute to upholding the visual display of all products in accordance with company visual standards
- Contribute to the daily operations of the store by maintaining an organized stock room
- Handle difficult guest issues as they arise; escalate when needed.
- Assist in handling merchandise stock and proper ticketing of merchandise and participate in physical inventory activities.
- Keep up to date on the technical aspects and resources available to serve the needs of the guests effectively.
- Ensure that the guests are the primary focus and all non-selling tasks are secondary. The guest is always our number one priority.
- Provide a quick, efficient and professional check out experience for our guests. Achieve Sales and Profitability Targets
- Build positive working relationships with Store Management to clarify priorities and share business insights and best practices.
- Achieve and exceed store KPI goals by ensuring the highest level of guest service and quality of sales
- 2+ years of specialty retail sales experience.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of professional sales procedures and guest service.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening.
- Computer skills, including POS systems and web based searches/date entry (ACE). Previous cash handling required.
- Tech savvy: comfortable with mobile devices, tablets and computers.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50 lbs.; climb ladders.
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to continually smile and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business.
Apply on company website