- Consistently evaluate and modify, as required, all existing planned maintenance events to be accomplished by both Frontier Airlines maintenance personnel and/or Approved Maintenance Providers. This includes the 60 day; 30 day; 10 day 3 days and current planning requirements for all routine and non-routine tasks using the Maintenance Due Report.
- Coordinate and implement through a daily call with all Frontier and Contracted Vendor maintenance facilities, scheduled RON workload, including all special maintenance visit information.
- Complete review of all MEL items for required parts and communicate the need to requisition any parts or tooling needed to work MEL items to MCC for follow-up.
- Complete review of all long term TDI's for required manpower, parts and tooling.
- Coordinate with Material Services and AOG (Aircraft on Ground) Buyers to ensure that required parts arrive in time to complete scheduled or unscheduled maintenance.
- Coordinate with Material Services Tool Room to ensure that required tooling is available on-station to comply with scheduled or unscheduled maintenance.
- Plan and coordinate the sequencing and allocation of daily workload for efficient use of staff, skill level, ground time, and facilities.
- Evaluate and update A-check calendars. Help set-up, audit and maintain the online Maintenance Planning System in FMIS to include training, technical knowledge and practical instruction for Line Planners.
- Assist in planning and scheduling work to achieve compliance for all EO's, EA's and FCD issued by Engineering.
- Effectively oversees Line Planners and assist in maintaining rosters and vacation schedules.
- Assist in ensuring that department personnel, including this position, are properly trained, qualified and current to perform their assigned tasks.
- Participate in continuous briefings of a daily fleet-wide mechanical status to members of management.
- Be a resource for Line Planners, share experience, make process improvement recommendations
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Line Maintenance Planning.
- Perform research and data entry work related to the records of maintenance activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred (3) years heavy maintenance and/or line maintenance planning experience
- Preferred (3) years of supervisory experience
- Experience with maintenance and planning software related to maintenance record keeping
- Preferred – FAA A&P license
- Preferred – College degree
- Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the Company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration, Value, and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the Company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining EXCEL and planning database software.
- Ability to work under time-constraints, operational pressure and deadlines.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy in all record keeping duties.
- Show strong aircraft maintenance knowledge. (understand and explain maintenance tasks)
- Design a short- and long-term task completion schedule (capturing tasks without interference)
- Develop and communicate a training curriculum focused on MX Planning processes (New and Update)
- Excellent communicator / Critical thinking
$49,140 - $63,000
Diversity and Drug-Free Workplace Policies
At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Diversity is an essential part of our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions essential to the operations of our airline.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
COVID Vaccination Policy for New Hires
Where permitted by applicable law, all candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not already employed by Frontier Airlines. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Contract Maintenance or (Sr MX) Planner assist in oversight of the line planning operations. In support of this, the (Sr) MX Planner (Contract) is responsible for the efficient planning of Remain Overnight (RON) Maintenance, Line Maintenance, and Special Maintenance Visits (SMV) including Engine Changes, aircraft modifications, and other maintenance events as directed by Maintenance Planning Leadership. The (Sr) MX Planner (Contract) reviews, develops, and modifies, as required, both short-term and long-term forecasted aircraft planning and maintenance schedules using a sliding window basis while considering the following: availability of staffing, required tooling, equipment, parts and materials, skill set and hours necessary to compete the assigned task. Must clearly communicate and coordinate, efficiently with the following groups: Line Maintenance, Heavy Maintenance, Inspection, Engineering, Materials and Purchasing, Maintenance Control, System Operation Control (SOC) Managers, Aircraft Routers, and Maintenance Programs to ensure the success of maintenance planning.
Apply on company website