Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day' business casual environment
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Manager, Current Schedules leads the Current Scheduling team to develop schedules that align with anticipated demand and performance, maintains schedules that unify with operational needs and publishes the flight schedules in accordance with passenger and company goals.
- Oversee the creation and monitoring of block time databases.
- Manage scheduling and distribution system databases.
- Manage airport communication and gate applications.
- Oversee the dissemination of schedules to internal passenger service systems and GDS distributors.
- Coordinate distribution, publication timelines and communication with codeshare and alliance partners including sub-service contract administration.
- Adjust published schedules to meet company needs and demands.
- Regularly coordinate with Customer Service, Reservations, Crews, Maintenance, SOC, Catering, Legal, and other internal teams on schedule compliance.
- Maintain ownership of company distributed daily plane counts.
- Work closely with the Network Planning team to review schedule patterns and adjusting schedules to align with anticipated passenger demand and P&L performance in new and existing markets.
- Create ad-hoc schedule scenarios to support Commercial, Financial and Operational projects and analysis.
- Work with Sr. Manager, Future Schedules to develop a seamless schedules production calendar as well as departmental goals.
- Train, develop, educate and promote growth of the department and individual employees with specific focus on customer service satisfaction.
- Foster team growth and the ability of the team to focus their attention on achieving overall goals of the Scheduling team.
- Use interpersonal skills and knowledge of scheduling to define, review, revise and implement current schedules.
- Slot administration and reporting at all required stations
- Maintain IATA compliance and communication.
- Participate in project planning and process updates.
- Work with the Director, Scheduling to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Computer studies or related aviation field; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum five (5) years of airline planning and scheduling experience
- Experience in Microsoft Access and SQL a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical skills using a Scheduling system are essential
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Must be able to visualize the ultimate plan and be able to work with all the operating departments to help them fully understand the schedule and put it into action
- Ability to work well with all levels of leadership regarding current and future schedules
- In-depth understanding of airline scheduling, aircraft maintenance requirements, crew planning issues, station constraints, reservations issues, etc.
- Able to effectively handle numerous schedules and scheduling issues at the same time
- Capable of handling confidential material with discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Travel required for slot meetings, codeshare coordination and industry meetings/conferences
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment
Present for core business hours
May be required to work nights and weekends, and may be on-call after hours
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
Salary: $92,880.00 - $116,100.00
Diversity and Drug-Free Workplace Policies
At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Diversity is an essential part of our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions essential to the operations of our airline.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
COVID Vaccination Policy for New Hires
Where permitted by applicable law, all candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not already employed by Frontier Airlines. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.
Apply on company website