What Will You Be Doing?
The Manager of Purchasing is responsible for the procurement of aircraft parts and related inventory, and for overseeing non-technical purchasing, including IT. This position works with internal and external parties to procure inventory at the lowest total cost by balancing price, quantity, lead-time and quality. The position will establish external supplier performance tracking of all key suppliers. This position will oversee complicated, multimillion-dollar contracts to support the parts needs of Frontier and will be a key participant in establishing relationships with business partners to support Frontier's growth.
- Leads sourcing initiatives on behalf of Frontier, in both technical and non-technical areas, with an emphasis on cost reduction and lead time improvements
- Assists in the management of multimillion-dollar parts contracts
- Develops and implements contingency processes that ensure tactical recovery and includes strategic recovery
- Develops and implements purchasing business plan, which includes goals, strategies and initiatives that support Frontier's corporate goals
- Coaches the purchasing staff with their development and implementation of initiatives that support Frontier's corporate goals
- Establishes staff training and development programs
- Assists management with negotiations and reviews contract language as needed.
- Develops and tracks internal metrics for team goals and initiatives
- Develop innovative approaches and partnerships with business partners to assist Frontier with rapid growth
- Establishes and ensures tracking of supplier performance metrics for key suppliers
- Interface with Material Planning and Material Services to drive efficiencies in the supply chain
- Interface with Accounting to ensure accuracy of all purchase activity
- Comply with SOX requirements
· Assist with oversight, audits and analysis in partnership with Fleet team, as needed.
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Aviation Management, Finance, Material Management; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of purchasing or related experience
- 2 years of supervisory/management experience preferred
- Active participation in the Institute of Supply Management (ISM) preferred
- Certified Purchasing Manager Designation (CPM) preferred
- Familiarity with TRAX preferred
- A&P license or engineering-related license – preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Top-notch negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Self-initiative and the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb computer skills; proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to travel with overnight stays, as required
- Must be an exceptional team player with meticulous attention to detail
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Generally, not required.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Apply on company website