Big Data Engineer - Job
Frontier communications network generates a large sum of data each day form of communications data, network device data, log files, customer interaction data, etc. You will be architecting a "big data" platform to store, process these data to be used by data scientists and machine learning engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with a small team of data scientists and machine learning engineers to build products and services to improve the state of the Frontier communications network and elevate the customer experience.
- You will design, develop, test, and maintain big data infrastructure in the cloud and on-prem locations.
- You will develop ETL pipelines to collect data from various sources, transform and store them, and enable stakeholders to consume it.
- You will be developing pipelines to support machine learning application development processes.
- You will be working with different parts of a large organization to locate, understand, and extract data from a diverse variety of systems and transform them into a big data platform.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as
- Define data retention policies
- Computer Science degree or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience in Data Engineering
- Strong experience with MapReduce development for large datasets (Hadoop, HDFS, YARN).
- Strong background in Linux
- 5+ years of experience in python
- Industry experience in developing ETL pipelines to manage large datasets.
- Working knowledge of machine learning development process
- Master's degree in computer science
- Experience in terabyte scale data manipulation.
- Experience in ingestion tools such as sqoop, and flume is a plus.
- Experience in Kafka and airflow is a plus.
- Processing framework such as Spark and Hive is a plus
- Experience in Apache HBase is a plus
- AWS big data certification is a plus
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website