Manager ISP Engineering
This position is responsible for all management of the Broadband Engineering Team for the State of Ohio. The main responsibility of the Manager of Engineering for this posting is to understand and design access serving electronics providing broadband services. As such they will be required to interface with multiple groups and collaborate on state-wide designs for implementation. The Manager will be expected to lead a team of engineers who will be expected to write projects implementing a solution and have a working knowledge of the equipment used to provide answers to questions regarding installation and function of the equipment when being placed in-service. The Manager will ensure Frontier standards are adhered to and that intervals/goals are met. Must have a demonstrated ability to organize/prioritize work according to department/corporate priorities and strategic initiatives. Additionally, the Broadband Manager will support Transport Engineering and Network Planning team members as neither group has a Manager in the state.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Management of Broadband Design Engineers
- Manage projects required to maintain port capacity of DSLAMs and OLTs
- Management of ISP Capital Budget.
- Issue Congestion Relief and Port Augmentation projects to minimize customer impact
- Management of CAF2 including site costing, gating, engineering and deployment
- Manage M6 COEREV and COEBLD queues
- Ensure intervals are met
- Implement process improvements to streamline process
- Ensure Architecture and Planning standards are adhered to
- Manage the grooming process for the state including the following:
- NGB/BRAS migrations of DSLAMs
- OLT migrations
- BPON to GPON grooming
- DSLAM to DSLAM grooming
Equipment Knowledge/General Understanding of:
- Nokia – 73XX
- Ciena ROADM Z77, Z33
- Coriant ROADM
- RAD ETX
- Cisco 3600, 6509, 7206, 15454
- Adtran – OPTI6100, MX2820, TA5000, TA1X48
- Calix – C7, E3, E7
- Fujitsu – Flashwave 4X00
- Actelis – ML2300, ML648
- Canoga Perkins – 9145
- Work in and understand engineering systems:
- Infinium - work order estimating and material ordering system
- M6 - Circuit and equipment inventory and design system
- Varasset – Work Order Project Flow
- Various web based programs including BSA, FROGs, NMARS, NEEDSThe individual filling this position must be able to work well under pressure, handle stress and be well versed in interoffice engineering and construction. The individual must have extensive knowledge of Broadband networks including DSLAMs, FTTH, PON, ATM and Ethernet transport. Additionally, the individual should have a working knowledge of ring topologies (point-to-point, linear chain, add drop, BLSR, UPSR etc). They must understand Ethernet technology and IP transport design criteria. They will also be expected to understand accounting guidelines, tariffs, and have strong capital budget background. Individual must be available to work the necessary hours to complete projects on time and must have good verbal and written communications skills.
Qualifications: Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and computer skills particularly around Microsoft Office products. B.S. in Engineering or equivalent is required and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a data or circuit related position. Previous supervision experience desired, but not required. Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge of data and circuit equipment.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website