About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
IT Network / Systems Engineer - Job
Frontier Communications, Inc. is looking for Network / Systems Engineers who are seeking positions where they can be part of a dynamic team, learn along side experienced senior and principle engineers, grow their skills sets while supporting a technology rich environment filled with the latest route/switch, load balancing, IPAM, firewall, and SDN technologies within our corporate network.
- Assist in fulfilling client requests for IP, DHCP and DNS requests
- Assist in fulfilling clients requests for Load balancing VIPs and associated health checks.
- Assist in fulfilling clients requests for Firewalls rules and policy changes
- Work circuit upgrades and IOS upgrades, as required, across corporate network
- Troubleshoot and resolve site specific network issues involving access, distribution, routing and carrier issues.
- Update and maintain site documentation
- Update and maintain monitoring system information and maps
Required Skills and Experience
- Completed course work in Networking and or computer science required
- Exhibits strong technical aptitude and desire to work with on a complex networks
- Analytical thinking and ability to break down complex issues
- Has ability to systematically troubleshoot and identify root cause in dealing complex technical issues
- Carries out day-to-day duties paying particular attention to fine details
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work as member of a Team and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently while carrying out assigned responsibilities
- Basic understanding of the OSI networking Model
Desired Skills and Experience
- CCNA and or CCNP Certifications are desired
- Bachelors and or Associates degree in Computer Science desired but not required
- Prior experience with Cisco route/switch, F5 load balancing or Palo Alto firewalls a plus
- Proficient with Excel and Visio
- Understanding and knowledge of Wireshark or other packet capture technologies
- Basic understanding of Linux operating system and command structures
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website