Position Summary: This position is responsible for the planning and detailed engineering telecommunications inside plant in a local serving exchange environment. This position is required to manage volume of work to meet customer commitments, departmental responsibilities, and manage/provide resolution engineering of sold services in the Texas Market. This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations Teams to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. This person provides frontline project management for all construction activities associated with inside plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engineering design for inside plant electronics and related equipment to provide solutions for BAU, Sold Services, CAF and Congestion Relief efforts. Responsible for all the Fixed Wireless Projects in TX to support Frontier initiatives such as CAF or State Grant work.
- Responsible for creating EWO's to support new material additions or correcting existing M6 Inventory as needed.
- Management of the COE M6 queue for customer service order and delayed order requests.
- Creation of projects in Infinium for justification and handling of major material
- Preparation of project approval justifications, EWOP and all supporting documentation is uploaded into Varasset.
- Communication with all peers and departments to ensure proper project planning and completion.
- Adding new elements/circuit additions into DSLNET.
- Resolution and response to Engineering related DSAT driven Commercial V- Tickets
- Responds to all BDT/CERT requests for costing for ISP/Broadband
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills associated with planning, design and implementation of complicated service provider architectures and applications
- Strong written and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex topics in both written and verbal form.
- Understanding of large-scale network capacity management and modeling.
- Strong large-scale network troubleshooting skills
Equipment Knowledge of:
- Nokia – 73XX
- Fixed Wireless including sub 6ghz, 28ghz, CBRS, mmWave and P2P applications
- Ciena ROADM Z77, Z33
- Coriant ROADM
- RAD ETX
- Cisco 3600, 6509, 7206, 15454
- Adtran – TA5000, TA1X48v
- Fujitsu – Flashwave 4X00
- Actelis – ML2300, ML648
- Canoga Perkins – 9145
- Work in and understand engineering systems:
- Infinium - work order estimating and material ordering system
- M6 - Circuit and equipment inventory and design system
- Varasset – Work Order Project Flow
- FROGS, GAP, BSA, DPI, CERT, NMARS, DSLNET
- Various web based programs
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and computer skills particularly around Microsoft Office products.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent is desirable or a minimum of 5 years of experience in a data or Telco related position. Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge of data and circuit equipment.
- Specifications: Individuals filling this position must be able to work well under pressure and be well versed in Telecom engineering and construction. The individual must also understand Ethernet technology and IP transport design criteria.
- Understanding of tlecommunications accounting guidelines and have strong capital budget background. Individual must be available to work the necessary hours to complete projects on time and within budget.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website