About this role:
The Incident Management Team (IMT) Business Support Department is seeking a highly motivated Data Specialist II to join the team. The Data Specialist II is responsible for performing a deeper analysis and understanding of the Metrics that are required to better support the overall Mean Time to Repair and minimize customer down-time from a customer restoral/satisfaction perspective. The Data Specialist II is also be responsible for identifying areas of improvement as determined through a numerous series of data points as identified in the metrics.The mission of the of the Network Operations Center is to serve our Customers through effective fault and resolution of different types of network events, identified through active surveillance, network management and maintenance of the Frontier network on a 24x7x365 basis. The Network Operations Center (NOC) team ensures timely acknowledgement of network anomalies and failures and will follow documented methods to ensure efficient and timely resolution to each network incident. The teams will also take proactive measures to ensure the integrity and stability of the network, as well as provide technical support to all Frontier organizations.
What you'll do:
- Collect and analyze data, such as MTTR, call volumes, tickets created, tickets restored, chronic events, performance and productivity stats etc. to help the NOC identify and target areas of improvement from a customer restoral and customer service perspective
- Create metric reports for internal teams and/or external teams
- Use MS Excel and other systems to develop graphical visualized data
- Establish KPI's to measure the effectiveness of business decision
- Structure large data sets to find usable, quantifiable information
- Work with NOC Leaders and other team SMEs to identify opportunities and areas of improvement
- Work with internal and external technical service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles to support best practices
- Set and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- A minimum of 5 years of telecom experience in network operations supporting Tier I and Tier II TDM Switching, Transport or Data technologies.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Business Management or related field or 5 years of equivalent telecom work experience.
- Knowledge and understand of Network architectures and protocols to support complex problems within numerous technologies including but not limited to Transport, Switch, and Data network systems.
- Requires an ability to identify and implement process improvements around chronic related issues or failed CM's
- Ability to articulate complex troubleshooting steps and technical issues to ensure appropriate key performance indicators and metrics are being met.
- Experience working in and supporting a metric driven environment
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Ability to handle and prioritize workload and network support issues efficiently and effectively
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees' eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website