Are you an experienced Product Owner looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment? If you are a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you! We are seeking a strong software Product Owner to work with our software development team in order to deliver the best software solutions to the marketplace and for our customers.
Product Owner Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a leader and team player within a Scrum Team as the Product Owner.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and product development lifecycle; define clear requirements in the user story format.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Define the product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities for the solution and platform.
- Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize features and stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Plan, prioritize, and continuously refine the application's product backlog.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Ensure the team always has an adequate amount of refined work in order to ensure a consistent and sustainable development pace.
- Lead the planning efforts related to product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new capabilities and functionality; be an expert at negotiation and expectation management.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Follow our competitors and the industry.
- Stay up to date with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
Product Owner Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in playing the Product Owner role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- In-depth knowledge of the Agile framework and principles.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with vision.
- Attention to details.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website