About Frontier Communications:
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
This position supports the deployment of the Ethernet Services and drives projects and initiatives that ensure Frontier meets its contractual requirements while providing value to the wholesale/retail customers. The Project Specialist ensures all critical tasks are carried out within the established contractual specifications, schedule, and budget; coordinates interdepartmental functions in order to minimize implementation delays while meeting financial objectives; meets with program team members and the customers on a regular basis to review project status and to plan future actions.
- Initiate and drive governance, financial, and assessment/reporting focused projects and processes that support deployment requirements, and subsequent transition of the FTTCS program & Ethernet program to the BAU teams.
- Aggregate and report quantitative and qualitative overall program results including, but not limited to, expense items (capital, D&E, and departmental), engineering metrics, operational metrics, improvement opportunities, and benchmarking in support of contractual requirements and/or Frontier and customer program objectives.
- Aggregate all program management project plans into an overall program plan for executive reporting and decision support and to address any areas requiring attention (in terms of scheduling, resource allocation, etc.).
- Develop and manage the centralized repository to house all appropriate FTTCS program data (schedules, action registers, master templates, work break-down, results, etc).
- Accountable for change control (i.e., identifying, documenting, approving or rejecting, and controlling changes to the project baselines). Additionally, responsible to control assignment of new customers to appropriate program manager based on service type, volume, capacity.
- Coordinate and provide relevant customer data to be included in the revenue forecasting portion of business case development and subsequent establishment of the annual commitment view.
- Create contract mapping and check-list analysis to determine gaps in areas such as, but not limited to, methods and procedures, processes, measurements, and system/automation. As gaps are identified, working with the appropriate functional team(s), ensure plans and actions are undertaken to close the gap.
- Establish PMO guidelines and standardized PMO tools (procedures, process, and automation) targeted to improved efficiency and consistency among the PMO team. Advocate the use of recommended tools and templates, and provide guidance and support.
- Serve as contract negotiations support relative to specific area/customer of focus.
- Manage assigned projects utilizing established project management processes, including creation of project milestones and an overall schedule; determine scheduling requirements and constraint; identify and drive major project milestones and project requirements into the FTR cross-functional teams; establish scheduling baseline; manage schedule changes; and report on project progress against baseline.
- Manage deviations from any project plan; negotiate trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost; manage ad-hoc requests; mediate conflicts by creating viable solutions; identify and incorporate changes that are necessary to the plan; direct non-contractual/project related requests to the appropriate entity for resolution.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 4+ years of telephony experience (with focus on Ethernet preferred).
- Extensive knowledge in data gathering and reporting. Ability to interpret and present large volumes of data in easy to follow formats for users.
- Expert in both Microsoft Excel and Access.
- General knowledge of Ethernet products (Switched and Ethernet Over Sonet)
- Thorough understanding of the ordering process related to wholesale/retail products
- Knowledge of how different departments interrelate from project inception, through engineering and builds and finally to order completion.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assigned functions in order to meet strict deadlines
- Must have outstanding communication/customer service skills
- Ability to interpret contractual language and insure its application in daily task(s)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to understand design/engineering layouts & terminology
- Knowledge of M6, Access Database and other systems routinely used in the FTTCS/Ethernet PMO day-to-day operations.
- Previous experience in product offerings, work rules, service management, etc for large market customers.
- Previous experience working directly with customer executive teams.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website