Telecommunications Specialist-ONE (CT-136)
Department/Bureau Select: D
Residency : 28 Months
Salary Grade: VX Min: $1078.90 Max: $3920.24 Effective Date: 10/18/2020
Spec Date: 4/25/2016
Job Family: Network Services
Location Information: Waterbury, CT
I. General Duties:
Duties general include but are not limited to the following:
- Forecasts growth, plans additions, removals and rearrangements and technological transitions for outside network plant.
- Designs and issues work orders, specifications and related documents for all outside network projects and jobs.
- Coordinates projects from conception to completion.
- Represents the Network Deployment group and serves as a resource for inter & intra company and inter & intra department.
- Establishes capital expenditures requirements for planning period, monitors actuals and adjusts levels as required.
- Utilizes various mechanized systems to complete above functions.
II. Basic Qualifications:
- As indicated below
- A Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline, i.e. Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical.
- In addition, the Hiring Manager in consultation with Employment representatives can consider other engineering disciplines not previously mentioned.
- However, all engineering disciplines that are accepted should have Core courses that contain Calculus, Physics, and Chemistry.
- For employees with a minimum of 10 (ten) years of residency on the Outside Network Designer (OND) title as of 4/25/2016, will satisfy the basic qualifications requirements for the Telecom. Spec.-ONE (TS-ONE) title.
- For employees on the OND or NDT-Deployment job titles as of 1/1/2000: A two-year Technical Engineering Degree including an Associate's Degree in Telecommunications via the internet from Pace University, plus 36 months of satisfactory job performance as an OND or NDT-Deployment.
- Any four-year Bachelor's Degree plus 36 months of satisfactory job performance as an OND or NDT-Deployment.
- Candidates for this position are required to provide official verification of education (transcripts, certifications, licenses, or military records).
- Candidates must submit the required documentation with transfer request.
Physical Requirements: None
Performance/Attendance: (Applicable to all transfers)
- Satisfactory performance rating in present job.
- Satisfactory attendance record in present job.
- 37-1/2 hour per week.
- Generally scheduled between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM. with ½ hour to 1-hour lunch.
- Company Driving Certificate required.
- Overtime as required.
III. Additional Factors:
Satisfactory job-related performance in the following:
- Work Experience:
- Associate Telecommunications Specialist-Conduit
- Design Assistant
- Outside Network Designer
- System Designer
- Telecommunications Specialist-INE
- On This Job
- Formal instruction as required.
- Some training completed out-of-state.
- On-the-job instruction as required.
- Works in office and related outside environments.
- Required to make field visits and wear safety glasses, hard hat and appropriate footwear.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website