Virtualization Engineer I - Job
Under general supervision, responsible for troubleshooting, installing, configuring, and maintaining VMware ESXi hosts, vCenter, and Horizon VDI, in support of business processing requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements, installs, configures, monitors, troubleshoots, and evaluates existing and new VMware virtualization products including (but not limited to) ESXi, vCenter, and Horizon.
- Monitor and troubleshoot new and existing Citrix deployments.
- Actively monitors and responds to trouble tickets, properly escalating complex tickets to other engineers, other IT groups, or management when appropriate.
- Assembles, cross-checks, and maintains VMware servers and components based on documentation and direction from other senior members of the group.
- Troubleshoots system problems in conjunction with more senior Virtualization Engineers.
- Participates in system performance monitoring, systems tuning, and systems infrastructure assessments.
- As directed, researches & recommends system hardware or software configuration modifications.
- Maintains and gains knowledge and competency in related virtualization technologies.
- Special projects from management.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Required
Associate's degree in Computer or Information Technology and two years operations experience in a 24x7 virtualized environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Preferred
Bachelor's degree in a related computer field.
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Basic understanding of core VMware virtualization technologies.
- Experience with infrastructure related concepts such as servers, network, storage area networks, backups and datacenter management.
- Basic understanding of networking, IP addressing and routing, and TCP/IP protocols, including Ethernet failover and trunking configuration.
- Basic understanding of Windows or Linux server configuration.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
Ability to be customer focused. Team oriented. Ability to write or interpret documentation on hardware and software products.
On-call, varying work hours, weekends holidays.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK & DECISION-MAKING RESPONSIBILITY
A variety of routine duties where employee could make minor decisions and use some judgment.
AUTONOMY & AUTHORITY
Objectives and most procedures are defined by supervisor or by explicit documentation. Employee proceeds alone on routine work and refers questionable cases to supervisor. Finished work not regularly reviewed by supervisor. Performance of tasks and activities are reviewed by supervisor on a scheduled basis.
Very limited accountability for some operational activities.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website