VM Ware Engineer - Job
Under general supervision, responsible for troubleshooting, installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements, installs, configures, monitors, troubleshoots, and evaluates existing and new VM Ware servers operating systems
- Actively monitors and responds to corporate-systems-related trouble tickets, properly escalating complex tickets to other administrators or IT groups when appropriate.
- Assembles, cross-checks, and maintains VM Ware servers and components based on documentation and direction from other senior members of the group.
- Troubleshoots system problems in conjunction with more senior VM Ware Administrators.
- Participates in system performance monitoring, systems tuning, and systems infrastructure assessments.
- As directed, researches & recommends system hardware or software configuration modifications.
- Configures and maintains VM Ware servers and related infrastructure systems.
- Maintains and gains knowledge and competency in related VM Ware / VM horizon technologies.
- Special projects from management
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Required
Associate degree in Computer or Information Technology or four years systems administration experience in a VM Ware multi users environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Experience with Infrastructure related concepts such as servers, network, storage area networks, backups and datacenter management as it relates to VM Ware infrastructure.
- In depth understanding of networking, V-Nic, ip addressing and TCP/IP.
- Deep knowledge in understanding of VM Ware technologies V5.x thru 7.x and VMware operating systems and their tuning and configuration, including their automated installation and extended configuration.
- In depth knowledge of VM Ware configuration of as well as ESXI, VM Ware tools, Automation of VM deployments and pulling metrics for various reporting needs. As well as a solid understanding of Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, LDAP
- Solid understanding of the VM architecture of server backup systems using VEAM backup tools
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
Ability to be customer focused, team oriented, and ability to write or interpret documentation on hardware and software products.
On call, varying work hours, weekends holidays.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK & DECISION-MAKING RESPONSIBILITY
A variety of routine duties where employee could make minor decisions and use some judgment (most non-exempt positions).
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website