The VP Sales Operations & Enablement directs the company's support investments in sales channel effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales channel productivity. These include planning, coverage model optimization, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, optimizing sales force talent recruiting and selection processes, and optimizing the selection and management processes for alternate sales channel partners.
The VP - Sales Operations & Enablement is responsible for enabling the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales channel organization. Reporting to the SVP Enterprise Sales, the VP Sales Operations & Enablement fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization's efficient operation and success. The VP Sales Operations & Enablement may manage one or more Directors or Managers.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales channel organizations. Ensures planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the SVP Enterprise Sales, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the company's business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales channel quotas and ensuring the firm's financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the senior sales leadership and Chief Technology Office to understand company sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company's Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Responsible for recommending the optimal deployment of sales personnel (direct sales), as well as for the optimal deployment of alternate sales channels. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations to maximize sales productivity (direct) and makes recommendations for changing channel mix and coverage models to maximize sales productivity (alternate). Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales channel management, and sales support personnel.
- Working with Human Resources, Finance, and senior sales leadership designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay and commission structures, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achievement of company's sales, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the SVP Enterprise Sales.
- Directly manages one or more Directors or Managers.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution or equivalent relevant work experience; Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent an asset.
- Minimum ten years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website