IT Web Development Manager
This development manager will be responsible for providing technical direction and leadership to a team of 8-12 developers. The manager will utilize exceptional leadership skills and technical acumen to enhance all aspects of solution development and delivery at Frontier. The manager will be expected to be capable of working in across multiple technologies that handle integration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of our API roadmap.
- Providing leadership in the design, development, and testing of APIs and other integrated systems.
- Providing leadership in progressing projects through the software lifecycle.
- Mentoring the team and building an environment where they can grow.
- Assisting the development team with complex problems
- Performing code reviews.
- Participating in requirements gathering, application design, planning, and review.
- Participating in the back end development process utilizing a variety of technologies including Node.js, .net, Apigee, and Web API, Microsoft SQL, and more.
- Collaborating with the product owners and business as a team to maintain an evolving roadmap.
- Interfacing with the project management organization, groups within Frontier and external partners.
- Working with legacy applications
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in computer or information technology and five (5) years' experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience software development with a web development focus.
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Deep understanding of modern web service development practices and technologies including, but not limited to:
- .net specifically Web API
- Deep understanding of database development and consumption utilizing document and relational databases.
- Deep understanding of agile software development
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Extensive experience using a language like Java or C#.
- Experience managing build pipelines and a CI/CD process (Team Foundation Server is preferred).
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience writing documentation
- Experience estimating projects.
- Experience with deployment to Microsoft servers and server farms.
DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Telco background
- Previous work as a project manager
ESSENTIAL WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
- Ability to lead a team of people
- Ability to teach experienced developers different methodologies
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Ability to work within a team of people
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and orally with upper management, developers, project managers, and other parts of the business
- Ability to participate in the shaping of the team's focus and vision
Some travel may be required to coordinate with teams across the country.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK & DECISION-MAKING RESPONSIBILITY
Diverse, non-routine duties requiring the exercise of judgment to determine an action to be taken to resolve individual problems, within a standard practice.
AUTONOMY & AUTHORITY
The objective is defined, but the how is defined by broad and varying policies, procedures, rules, or precedents. Employee plans and arranges own work while the supervisor provides some functional guidance. Details of accomplishing the objective are left to the position. Unusual situations are referred to leadership. Moderate accountability for some operational, fiscal or human resource activities.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website