As the Learning and Development Specialist, your mission will be to create a program to onboard and train the highest quality of Customer Service Center agents. You will continually develop and maintain working relationships with operational departments and other management departments to tailor and facilitate tenured agent training, while you also partner with vendors to facilitate regular trainings to ensure accuracy when performing daily responsibilities.
You will also design and implement quality assurance (QA) programs to ensure best in class service is delivered. We will look to you to develop training programs designed to resolve deficiencies found during the QA process.
The scope of the role will ensure the maintenance of our internal Knowledge Base and ticketing system.
We currently have over 50 Customer Service Center Agents and Team Leads between the first, second and third shifts, and we expect this number to grow as our company continues to thrive. This team supports our end-to-end cash management solutions that are used at a variety of retail businesses. We answer calls and questions from users that include hardware/software troubleshooting, internet connectivity issues and much more.
The training process for new hires includes onboarding (2 weeks of classroom training) and a “nesting” phase (about 2 weeks as well depending on the comprehension / performance of the agent). From there, the QA program that you will develop and refine will ensure we are meeting key metrics such as First Call Resolution (FCR), service delivery and knowledge sharing—all while keeping excellent customer service at top of mind.
More specifically, you will:
- Implement various learning and delivery methods to enhance employee skills and knowledge (coaching programs, classroom training, shadowing experiences, etc.).
- Administer tests and assessments to ensure understanding of material trained; continuously reviewing training course curriculum and make updates as needed.
- Administer and maintain internal Knowledge Base to provide current information to employees.
- Create and maintain a centralized database for training record retention and continuing education.
- Create and implement a QA program that will provide feedback to agents and leadership to provide best in class service.
- Assist in onboarding activities for new hires including requests for email addresses and IDs for new hires.
- Act as Service Now administrator.
- Manage other duties as required.
The Requirements To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- High School diploma or foreign equivalent (e.g., GED); Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Prior history of training in a classroom setting or large groups of individuals Quick question for you - click here
- Ability to create training materials and build a curriculum
- Excellent organizational skills that include the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external leadership team members
- Strong facilitation skills
- Effective oral and written communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Active listening skills and the ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- The ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately, and research, investigate, compile information
- Planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
- Experience coaching, mentoring and motivating a team
- The ability to encourage effective teamwork
- The ability to synthesize facts, concepts, principles, and compile, sort, and interpret data
- The ability to mediate conflict with tact, diplomacy
- An adaptable and flexible approach and the ability to provide training during alternate shifts when needed
- Change management skills
- The ability to create training materials and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced creativity and the ability to write informatively, clearly and accurately
- Experience setting and achieving goals
- Proven attention to detail
- A background in a call center environment and/or technical support / IT help desk
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience creating articles for an internal knowledge-base
- LMS experience Quick question for you - click here
- Experience with call recording software and softphones
Apply on company website