Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
This is a unique opportunity for an up-and-coming HR professional with a diverse range of interests to be exposed to the full scope of HR functions (e.g. Employee Relations, HRIS, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Analytics, and Talent Management) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. It's an ideal role for somebody who wants to roll up their sleeves & help make a big impact while gaining valuable HR experience. The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for managing tactical employee relation issues and supporting the plant team with HR administration. In addition, the incumbent will assist the plant with training & organizational development initiatives. The Human Resource Generalist is also responsible for timely and accurate completion of departmental reports and record keeping, including unemployment claims and audits. This position is based in our Statesboro, GA plant, and will report to the HR Manager.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day responsibility for employee data management and accuracy within our HRIS system (Workday) system
- Be an active voice in streamlining & improving current processes ; Assist in the development of communications and training around new enhancements delivered
- Create written procedures regarding HR processes in conjunction with the HR Manager
- Manage disability processes for Salaried and hourly employees; review policies and benefits with employees; coordinate with third party administrators for Workers' Compensation, Short Term Disability and FMLA while ensuring adherence to ADA and HIPAA.
- Plan, coordinate and co-facilitate various training for new managers, including on e-Time and Workday.
- Respond to employee inquiries on e-Time administration
- Maintain proper documentation and serve as point of contact for employee relations issues for employees. Generate ideas for and champion/lead employee engagement activities in order to foster positive employee morale and interaction. Proactively engage the local employee population, provide coaching and feedback to employees and supervisors as appropriate.
- Support HR Managers on administration of employee engagement surveys, focus groups and action planning
- Assist HR Manager with investigations
- Respond to and manage unemployment claims; perform quarterly audit of unemployment claims.
- Review Exit Survey data for employees and collaborate with HR Managers to develop action plans where needed
- Manage and ensure completion of compliance training for salaried and hourly employees Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment: proven ability to acclimate to new environments and contribute quickly. You also have trust, and the ability to appropriately deal with “people-sensitive” issues and handle confidential documents. You are motivated to pursue a career path in HR.
- Detail-oriented: You understand that the small things matter and are worth doing right. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- Tech savvy: You're not only comfortable with technology – you ‘excel' at it. You have demonstrated experience learning new systems, and/or have used an HRIS (Workday preferred). You have advanced skills in working with all programs in the Microsoft suite, especially Excel.
- Creative and engaging: You can talk to anyone; you're motivated, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome. You enjoy coming up with new ideas and building on existing ones that will drive employee engagement.
- Flexibility: You roll with the punches. You prefer a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are agile and comfortable enough to keep up as plans change and evolve.
- Ability to multi-task: You've demonstrated the ability to balance and manage multiple priorities with accuracy, efficiency, and in a timely manner due to your strong organization skills.
- Collaboration: You're able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with other team members to achieve results. You understand how your work (& the way you communicate it) is important to other people.
- Communication: You can speak and write in a clear, concise and professional manner.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree coupled with 3-5 years' experience working in a plant environment
Preferred Qualifications: HR certifications (SHRM or HRCI) preferred, but not required. Experience with HRIS systems, especially Workday
Apply on company website