Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Inventory Planner will be responsible for managing the inventory and supply planning components for GAF's Fulfillment Centers. This includes ensuring sufficient inventory levels across the Fulfillment Center network at all times, establishing and maintaining safety stock settings, executing timely inventory replenishment, and managing inventory-related exceptions or issues. Additionally, the Inventory Planner will be accountable for inventory and product trend analyses as well as KPI reporting, along with developing and communicating insights and recommendations that improve the efficiency and performance of GAF's Fulfillment Centers. The position will work cross-functionally with Retail Planning, Corporate Supply Planners, Plant Supply Chain, Corporate Accounting, Customer Care, Distribution, Sales, and Marketing on strategic planning and issue resolution.
30% Effectively maintain sufficient inventory levels at Fulfillment Centers, including establishing and implementing safety stock levels, executing replenishment inventory transfers, and coordinating the of return of aged or obsolete products. Collaborate with the Demand Planning Group and Supply Planning Group on forecasts and its impact on production and distribution operations.
20% Manage and deliver KPI reporting related to Fulfillment Center planning operations. Additionally, provide lead analyses on key stocking strategies, identify opportunities to improve planning efficiency, communicate findings or recommendations, and drive results.
20% Oversee end-to-end order management by reviewing and maintaining all daily exception reports and analyses. Field inquiries or issues and provide timely and accurate resolution where needed to ensure the highest service levels are maintained. Collaborate with Customer Care on order management issues and the Supply Planning Group with supply issues to enhance service to retail partners.
15% Maintain accurate and complete product (SKU) settings across planning systems. Ensure all key settings are aligned with planning strategies and desired outcome.
10% Participate in, and often lead key projects. Meet project deadlines, provide updates, develop recommendations, and look for opportunities to improve GAF's overall operations network.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Planning and Inventory Management Systems, in applications such as forecasting, process control, and inventory reporting
- Advanced proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office Suites
- Knowledge of business intelligence software a plus (TM1, ERAE, Tableau, etc.)
- Intermediate level knowledge of Distribution Management Systems (TMS, WMS, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, & analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task & handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Intermediate level planning skills
- General knowledge of transportation, logistics, supply chain and/or finance
- BA/BS Degree is required with focus on Business, Finance, Logistics/Supply Chain, or Engineering preferred
- 2–5 years related experience in a Logistics/Supply Chain or Business Analytics environment
- APICS certification desirable
Apply on company website